sixty ; prince yoshua

sixty chapters jfc

also the story has 15k wow thanks party people ily all

-

mia doesn't really like crowds.

okay, well, she does, but only in certain situations. like concerts. what she doesn't like, however, is being in a crowd when she's trying to find someone.

after the ceremony finished she had to walk out with the other graduates to the lobby of the auditorium, which was packed with people. and her, being the five-foot-one mess that she is, isn't having any luck on finding josh.

she does find jenna, though. or, jenna finds her, really.

"you did it!" squeals the blonde with excitement as she pushes through people to get to her best friend where she proceeds to throw her arms around her and hug her tight.

mia laughs and uses one hand to stop her graduation cap from falling off her head. not far behind is tyler, who resembles a lost little kid a few seconds before he finds jenna and mia.

he gives her the usual crooked smile and a hug. "hey, congrats."

"thanks. where's jo-"

mia doesn't even finish that sentence before a pair of arms ( that were crafted by the gods ) wrap around her waist from behind and pick her up off the ground, spinning her around.

she squeals. "josh!"

"hey, baby," laughs the grinning cherry haired boy as he sets his girlfriend back on her feet and turns her so that she's facing him. he kisses her for the first time in over a month and as soon as her lips are touching his, his whole body relaxes.

mia grins after their kiss ends. "you came."

he scoffs lightly. "of course i did. what, did you think i'd let a little storm keep me from seeing you graduate?"

"there was actually a hurricane warning," points out tyler.

josh waves him off, like that part isn't important. "yeah, yeah, whatever. ty and i weren't gonna miss this, not for the world."

mia smiles up at him, her cheeks blushing and her stomach turning to jello because jesus fucking christ he is so damn cute.

"you look so frickin gorgeous," says josh with a sunshine smile, shaking his head slowly as he looks his girlfriend up and down. "c'mon, i wanna take a picture with you."

so mia stand next to josh and waits as he gives tyler his phone. josh slides his arm around mia's waist and pulls her into his side, grinning at the camera as the flash goes off.

"wait, one more," laughs josh. he wraps his other arm around mia and kisses her cheek.

tyler smiles with amusement at the phone screen and hands the phone back to josh.

"goals," exclaims josh with a proud smile adorning his lips.

mia takes the graduation cap off her head and plops it on josh's fluffy red hair.

he sticks his tongue out at her. "looks cuter on you."

"everything looks cuter on you," she says back with a roll of her honey brown eyes while taking one of josh's hands and lacing their fingers.

josh grins at her, white teeth showing and eyes squinting. he kisses her forehead and then without warning scoops her up in his arms bridal style.

"what are you doing?" giggles the brunette while wrapping her arms around his neck.

he shrugs his shoulders. "you're my princess mia, so i gotta be the prince and carry you off into the sunset."

she rolls her eyes, smiling. "frickin dork."

"what d'you wanna do?" asks mia, slightly out of breath as she pulls her lips from josh's. they're in her room sitting on her bed with mia straddling his lap. the vinyl player is spinning x ambassadors album vhs softly and the string lights are plugged in, creating the perfect ambience. the smell of sugary vanilla fills the room from the christmas cookie candle burning.

you, thinks josh as he gazes at the gorgeous girl on his lap whom he had been making out with only moments ago. but one idea in his mind overpowers the other ones that involve less clothes.

"can we cuddle?" he suggests with a shy, innocent smile. he can't help the fact that being on tour and sleeping alone in a small bunk has made him extremely cuddle deprived.

fortunately mia is definitely up for some josh cuddles, so she nods her head. "yeah, we can do that."

josh wastes no time ( since they have a months worth of cuddling to make up for ) and lays back, bringing mia with him.

"you're so gorgeous," sighs the red haired boy while tucking a loose strand of mia's dark hair behind her ear. while on the road he had been thinking a lot about her, about them. he tilts his head up to kiss her.

she grins. "thought you wanted to cuddle?"

"shut up," he laughs and wraps his arms around mia, hugging her to his chest and setting his chin on top of her head.

mia closes her eyes and listens to the sound of josh's steadily rhythmic beating heart. "i love you," she says, her words filling the silence.

a soft smile adorns the male's lips. "i love you, too, baby."

"can you rub my back?"

"mhm," nods josh. he slips his large hands underneath her shirt ( well, his shirt, but still ) and smiles to himself as he feels her shudder contently.

he gazes up at the ceiling. "off topic, but you're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"better than your first pair of skinny jeans?" muses the sleepy girl.

"much better," he promises while tracing shapes and words on the small of mia's back. j-o-s-h-u-a.

"d'you wanna hear something crazy?"

"of course."

"you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, too," she whispers, kissing his shoulder.

josh hears this and he smiles. and as the last song on the record is coming to an end, the quiet static noise following the music notes for a few seconds, josh closes his eyes. he remembers tracing one last thing before he falls asleep.

m-i-a  d-u-n