Power Overdose - Chapter Fifteen

ابدأ من البداية

"Good job Hayley, you really saved us." Derek praised me and groaned in pain a bit. He was almost healed but some of Boyd's damage still remained on his body.

We exited the sub and stood in the station. "Hayley are you okay?" Isaac asked me and put a hand on my shoulder. I could feel the colour draining from my face. My head was pounding, and I felt completely and utterly drained. I shook my head at Isaac and I felt my body go limp before I collapsed on the ground.

---
---

My eyes bolted open and I woke up in the comfort of my own bed. "You're awake," Erica chirped as she sat down on my bed.

I sat up and rubbed my tired eyes, "What happened?" I asked her.

"After you helped Boyd and I, you just collapsed. So why don't you tell me what happened?" She giggled.

I combed my hair with my fingers and began to explain to her that I overused my powers and completely drained myself. "That makes sense, you need to be careful okay? We were all worried about you." She smiled.

"Where is everyone?" I asked as I got out of my bed and walked into the kitchen with Erica following me.

"The guys are out helping Scott. The Mental Wolves were going hostile, killing everything in sight again." She sighed. I looked out the window and saw the moon slowly going down. I didn't sleep for that long.

"Okay," I tiredly replied and stared out the window.

"Since we are alone and no boys are here I am desperate to ask you something. What is going on with you and Isaac?" She asked with a raised brow.

I walked out of my room towards the couch in the living room, before I sat down on it. Erica was stilling staring at me waiting for a reply, "What are you even talking about?" I questioned her.

"Oh come on clearly something is happening between the two of you."

I rolled my eyes, "There is nothing going on."

"Bullshit, You should've seen Isaac. He didn't want to leave you after you collapsed, he was the most worried out of all of us. That to me means something."

"He was?" I asked her and pulled my knees to my chest on the couch.

"Yeah, so please inform me what's going on? Do you two like each other?"

My eyes bolted open, "You are crazy, there is nothing going on between us."

"You're heartbeat sped up, you're lying." She stated quickly sitting down beside me. Damn those werewolves and their super hearing.

"First of all, I don't know what I feel for Isaac. I know he doesn't like me he just thinks of me as a member of the pack." I confessed and looked at my knees, not wanting to make eye contact with her.

I heard her scoff, "So you do kind of like him?"

"Maybe," I said and looked at Erica, "okay fine, I like him okay!" I admitted and stood up running my fingers through my hair. I then realised what I said. I finally admitted to Erica that I liked Isaac, but I also just admitted to myself that I liked him as well.