Chapter 40//"We're hot coco and Marshmallows, you're hot and I wanna be on you"

Start from the beginning

"Elliott what's wrong" I ask I could feel the tension in the air.

"I think you should introduce your upper lip to your lower lip and shut up for one minute" Elliott tone had changed completely. I look alarmed at him and then back at Conner.

"What are you doing with him?" Conner asks me coldly.

"He's my boyfriend" I reply but my voice wavers, wasn't he?

"He broke your heart'

Then memories from that night come back to me the night Elliott and me broke up, then the memories of Elliott leaving.

Conner was suddenly by my side and it felt like Elliott was getting more and more distant from me.

"He's not good for you blondie"

No, Conner was wrong; Elliott and me were perfect for each other. There was no better couple than us.

You manipulated her in to loving you. She's always had a crush on me," Conner says in Elliott's direction.

"I've been the one who's been here for her while you ignored her" Elliott replies angrily. I wanted to say something but the words just wouldn't form in my mouth.

Conner lets out a dry laugh "I'll be here for her, I'll make her forget about you and the hurt you caused her. She has always had a crush on me it's only a matter of time"

I keep my gaze on Elliott; my thoughts were all mixed up.

I always had a crush on Conner. That's what I can remember. And also that I always dreamed up ending up with. I was over Elliott because he broke my heart.

No Conner never even knew my name; Elliott was the one who held me like no one had ever done before.

Something was nagging at me that I couldn't trust Elliott.

That's when I see Elliott slowly place his hand behind his back, I keep my eyes on his hand watching it move like he was taking something out his pocket.

"Elliott, what are you doing" There was a menacing look in his eyes.

I jump on the spot when I see him pull out the gun.

"Me or him Dawson?"

I look at Elliott, he wasn't like this, he was never scary like this. He was funny and idiotic a bit of a jerk as well.

The way he held the gun and pointed in my direction, was like he'd done it before.

My head was telling me to say Elliott, but it was my lips that betrayed me...

"Conner'

And I heard the shot. And I went cold.

*

I finally scream out loud.

It felt like was underwater ad I finally hit the surface, I could breathe again.

I place my hand on my chest to feel my heartbeat. Instead I was covered in water.

I look around and see someone standing there, I very nearly scream again till the figure takes hold of my shoulder and shakes me slightly. Bringing me fully back in to reality.

"Crescent it was a dream, as nightmare. I don't know" It was Conner's voice.

A dream. I dreamt that Elliott and me where on our date that night. Then Elliott tired to make me choose between him and Conner. And Elliott had a gun.

In a way it was too good to be true, well the start at least.

''Why am I wet?" I ask. I expected him to throw a sexual joke at me, but I forgot, he wasn't Elliott.

"Because you wouldn't wake up and you were shouting my name"

I look at him surprised but why would I shout his name. I could tell by the look on his face he had just woke up or was at least dozing off.