Chapter 18: Rude Awakenings

I woke the next morning to the sun shining brightly around the room.  I hadn't even realized I had fallen asleep.
When the events of last night suddenly flooded my mind I automatically turned to look at Demetri, he was still unconscious. All of his wounds had almost fully healed. He just hadn't woken up yet.

Just then his mom came into the room.

" Sorry. I thought you was still asleep." she said and hesitated on coming into the room.

" No no. Its alright. Come in Mrs. Justice. He is your son." I said with a smile.

" Call me Carol. And he's my son, but he's your mate." She said coming into the room and sitting in the chair on the other side of Demetri's bed. For a while we just sat there quietly. Watching Demetri before Miss. Carol spoke up silently. 

" We thought we'd lost both of you. "She sniffled through tears that were now freely falling from her eyes. 

" What do you mean?" 

" When we had gotten to you,  you were bleeding very badly. Wounds on your body that looked as of you'd been in a bad bad fight. And when Jayd told us you'd tried connecting to Demetri right before it happened we knew then that he'd been experiencing the same thing.  And when you stopped breathing I just knew-"she paused to calm herself before speaking again.
" I just knew that my baby and our future Luna were gone. And honey your mother was having an entire mental break down. Your father was trying to keep everything together but even a blind man could see he was taking it hard." She finished through tears. 

" I thought I was gone too.  I thought he was gone too. " I said looking up at her before continuing.
" After I passed out I could hear you all. I heard every word,  ever cry.  Everything. I just couldn't respond or wake up. When I'd almost given up a bright white light had blinded me.  It was a man.  I tried to get away from hin but I couldn't move.  Mama Carol,  I tried so hard to wake up and to get away from him but my body was stuck there.  When he finally made it to me he told me that his name was Adonis and he was there to help me wake up. He puts his lips over mine, without them touching and blew breath back into my body and that's when I woke up.  " I finished my story and Miss. Carol had looked stunned. 

" Adonis? " she asked quietly. 

" Yes. "

" I think you can communicate with the gods. " she told me. 

"The gods? As in greek mythology and stuff like that? "

"Yes. " she said,  sounding sure of herself. 

" Okay,  cool.  But isn't Adonis is the god of beauty and desire? How can he breath life back into my body? " I asked, stumped. 

" That's why its such a mystery to me.  We'll have to talk to the parents about this." She said before standing up and pulling me out of the room behind her.

" But I don't want to leave Demetri." I said stubbornly as she pulled me along behind her.

" Don't worry, you'll get back to him as soon as you've eaten and gotten yourself cleaned up. You gotta take care of yourself honey. Because then, you're not strong for yourself, then you wouldn't be being strong for him." She said, referring to Demetri. I knew that she was right.

She pushed me into the bedroom that I'd been occupying since we'd first gotten here.

" Go take a shower. I'll get everything prepared for you while your mom cooks your favorite food."

" You two don't have to do that." I said, though I was thankful. Oh hush honey, We want to. Now go. And hurry up, you want to be there when Demetri wakes up right?" That was all she had to say. I rushed into the bathroom turning on the shower to let it warm while I used the bathroom, washed my face and brushed my teeth. 

I got into the shower and sat down in the tub just to let the water run over me. Allowing it to relax my aching bones. Its funny because I didn't even feel as if I was in pain until the hot water hit my aching bones. I sat on the floor of the shower for about 10 minutes before I decided to finally wash up and wash my hair. 

When I stepped out of the shower I felt like a brand new person, Mama Carol was right, it is important to take care of yourself. Wrapping the towel around me I headed into the bedroom. I got dressed in metallic like cameo sweater with a black tank top under neath, a pair of black leggings with rips in them and some knee high combat boots. (FROM FASHIONNOVA.COM).

After blow drying my hair I put it up in a messy bun to complete my look I added a light bit of make up. I wanted to look good for Demetri when he woke up. After I finished I headed downstairs.

" Good Morning Everyone." I greeted the family as well as a few of the pack members.

" Good morning Luna." Everyone responded.

" Call me Laylah please." I said before Demetri's little sister Destinee ran up to me hugging my legs. I bent down to pick her up and place her on my hip.

" Hey mama." I said before kissing her forehead.

" Hiiii Laylah. I missed you. Thank you for standing up for me." She said whispering the last part.

" I missed you more Pooh. And it's my job. Don't thank me for that." I told her gently.

" Well mom says its good to use manners." she told me.

" That is true." I told her as I put her down and she ran off to play with more pack kids.

" Hey mom, hey dad." I greeted my parents.

Just as they were about to respond one of the packs nurses ran into the kitchen.

" Luna, come quick Alpha Demetri has awakened." I stood there and watched her for a few seconds before what she'd said finally clicked. And when it did I took off running to the room that Demetri was currently occupying. 

When I opened the door Demetri was sitting up in the bed looking around the room.

" Demetri." I breathed out. Tears welling up in my eyes before I bum rushed the bed capturing him in a hug. I noticed that he wasn't hugging me back. I squeezed him tighter.

Just then his parents, my parents and Jayd's parents walked into the room. I let him go so they could greet him.

" Mom, Dad. Who are they? " He asked referring to me and everyone else in the room.

" That is Laylah, your mate and her parents and her best friends parents." Alpha Justice responded. He looked around confused.

" I haven't found my mate yet. " He said causing me to drop to my knees crying and screaming. My mother and father wrapped me in their arms. Whispering that it was all going to be okay.

" How could you forget me Demetri? Your mate!" I asked him through tears. 

" I don't know what you're talking about , I've never met you in my life." he answered watching me , with a frown on his face.

" But its me. " I said again. Everyone else in the room was as quiet as a church mouse.

" I'm sorry Laylah. I want to remember you, but I just can't." his eyes showing sympathy and confusion. 

I continued to cry as my dad picked me up to carry me out of the room. I laid in his arms crying silently. He took me to my bedroom where Jayd was waiting. 

And from there, this would be the second time my bestfriend held me while I cried over Alpha Demetri Justice.

_____________________________________

Hey There Peeps, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. . . Thank you for reading. . 

Comment let me know what you all think. . . 

Also , Merry ' Chrimma '

I wanna know. . . . What did ya'll get for Christmas?

P.S : PLEASEEEE Go check out my knew book. " Who Need's Saving "

I decided to put it out there since so many of you think I should and supports me. .

Again, Thank You for always being there. . . . 

♡BIANCA!