Chapter 17: Meeting Adonis

Laylah 

It was clear that something bad had happened. I could hear people crying and praying over me. Mainly my mother and Jayd, while everyone else tried to stay calm for them. I just wished I could tell them that everything was okay, that Demetri and I were fine. But I couldn't. I couldn't feel Demetri anymore, but I could see. Only I knew I wasn't woke. My mother would sob because I hadn't awakened yet. It was as if I was having an outer body experience, I was aware of things around me, only I my body wasn't responding to it. Did I die? Did Demetri die ? Either way, I wasn't ready to die and I couldn't imagine life without him. He was my mate for heaven's sake. Without him, there is no me. So maybe I have passed. However I don't understand because I could still hear everything happening around me.

As I laid there, there was a blinding bright light. I tried to close my eyes but I couldn't. I seen a tall male figure walking towards me through the light. I was hoping it was Demetri, maybe it was god.

" No Laylah, I'm not Demetri and I am not god. I am Adonis, and I am here to help you wake up." He said to me, as he got closer I could finally make out his facial features. He was handsome, tall. Very tall. 

" Who are you?" 

" I am Adonis."

" Why are you here?"

" I was sent to help you." He said finally standing in front of me, when he reached out to touch me I tried to move out of his reach but I couldn't move. 

" Don't touch me." I tried to scream.

" I'm not going to hurt you. I'm going to help you wake up." He said, and something about him told me to trust him. I have no idea why. Maybe I'm crazy. Or stupid. But I just wanted everyone to stop crying and being sad.

I nodded my head slowly and he reached out to me cradling my head gently between his hands. He moved his face closer to mine as if he was moving in to kiss me, thankfully he didn't. But he puckered his lips and blew air into my slightly parted lips as if he was breathing life into me. I sucked in a breath and suddenly I was jolted awake.

I sat straight up gasping for air, clawing at my throat. I heard everyone in the room breath a sigh of relief before my mother and Jayd rushed to my bedside smothering me in hugs.

" Give me a minute, I can't breath." I managed to get out, and my mother instructed someone to get my asthma pump.

When my body calmed down, I searched the room. Looking at all the faces that I thought I'd never see again. Sadly, Demetri's face wasn't among the crowd.

" How long was I out?" I asked quietly, my voice not giving anything away.

Everyone was quiet. As if they all were all afraid to speak.

" 2 days." My father was the first to speak up. My eyes grew as wide as saucers.

" And no one's heard from Demetri? Or anyone that was with him for that matter?" I asked. Struggling to keep my temper at bay.

" No. We haven't." Someone else said. I was unsure who because I was busy fighting off my wolf, who was clawing at my insides trying to escape me. The whole time I could hear her insisting that something was wrong with our mate. I hadn't spoken in about 2 minutes before I finally spoke again.

" And has anyone tried to contact him?"- I said trying to get up but a pain in my stomach made it hard. Very hard." Because I swear to the Moon Goddess . . . " My words stopped ass more pains shot through me.

" What the hell is this?" I screamed as another shot of pain surged through my body causing me to temporarily go blind with all the pain. Majesty, my wolf was fighting harder and harder to surface.

" There is no way to contact him. His phone is going straight to voicemail." His father, Alpha Justice spoke again. 

I let out a high pitched ear splitting scream as I doubled over in pain." Why is this happening to me?" I asked.

Demetri's mother Mrs. Justice began to sob. I looked at her through my pain.

" What's happened?" I asked.

" We don't know honey." My mother said rubbing my back.

" Tell me, what did you see when you tried to connect to Demetri?" My father asked me quietly.

" I couldn't see anything. I could just feel him. It as if I could feel everything that he was feeling. He was scared. But not for himself, but for me. He said that he's sorry he never called . .  .He said. .  He said that he'll always love me. That's when I black out from the pain I'm assuming." I broke down crying, I could hear Mrs. Justice crying loudly as well. 

" What?" I managed to breathe out.

My mother looked at me sadly before finally answering me, " We think he's dead." 

" What? No. Can't be! He can't be." I said, refusing to believe it.

Before anyone could respond Oliver, the packs 4th in command rushed into the bed room.

" We've spotted a few pack members heading this way." he said, out of breath. He'd clearly been running to get to us.

" Is Demetri with them?" I asked him, hope laced in my tone of voice.

" I'm sorry. I don't know Luna." He said as he waved his hand for us to all follow him.

My father kissed me softly on my forehead before lifting me into his arms cradling me to carry me down the steps to see who was coming. All the while I sent prayers to god and the moon goddess that he was in fact among them.

When the door opened Julian, followed by my brothers Jordan and Khalil came in Ashley, Jordan's mate , Jayd and my sister Amber bum rushed them instantly jumping in their arms. While I was happy that they were happy , I needed to see Demetri. My dad stood me on my feet.

As more of the pack filled into the safe house I still hadn't laid eyes on Demetri and honestly I was losing hope. Lastly Liam and Zian rushed into the house carrying a bloody Demetri. I tried to rush over to them but my father held me back.

" Wait a minute baby, let the pack doctor look him over first." he said, it made sense so all I could do was stand there and cry as my dad held me.

An hour later 

After an hour of waiting the pack doctor finally allowed us in to see him.

" He's suffered from a huge loss of blood. He's sustained injuries all over his body but the one to his abdomen is what had me the most concerned. The good thing is I was able to stabilize him and get everything stitched up so he should be okay. Right now he just needs rest. He'll wake up whenever he's ready." he said and everyone thanked him before giving me time alone to sit with him.

" I love you Demetri. I just need you to wake up. Please." I begged him. And I continued to do so until I cried myself to sleep in the chair next to his bed. 

___________________________________

Hey there peeps, I hope you enjoyed this chapter . . . .