(2) My Dead Boyfriend Jumped Through My Window. Wait, what?

Comment. Vote. Enjoy. :)[[Okay, this is really soon, but I already typed it out a long time ago, so I thought I'd might as well just put it on here, because it's Friday night right now ... And I'm hyper. LOL. Enjoy!]]

CHAPTER TWO

At first, when I woke up, I thought I had to go to school still and I didn't really remember anything of the day before, so I jumped up and I felt my heart beating really fast. Why didn't Mom wake me up? my brain screamed at me. But then I remembered Ethan. Remembered the accident, the hospital, the blood, the bathroom, the car, my parents, it all came rushing to me all at once. Oh, no, this is all too much, I thought. I put my hand to my forehead and fell back down onto my bed.

"What time is it?" The thought randomly came to my mind and I slowly sat up to look at the clock. 12:52 P.M. How could I have slept that long? I wondered while I sleepily got up and walked down the stairs. Mom and Dad should've woken me up way before then, even if I didn't have to go to school. My head hurt so bad, and I figured it must have been from all that "non-thinking" before I went to bed.

I walked into the kitchen and saw I very odd scene. Dad was sitting at the table with some cereal in front of him and a coffee cup to his mouth with his eyes stuck to the TV. And Mom was at the stove obviously cooking me some eggs and bacon for breakfast because I knew she never ate or drank anything in the morning besides coffee. It all seemed very fake to me, like something out of a movie or commercial. I mean, you never see this kind of scene in real life. I knew something else, too. Mom never cooks me eggs and bacon unless she has something very important to tell me, usually something bad. I remember one time she made me eggs and bacon when I was six and I sat down to eat and she started to tell me how good I was to my pet goldfish, Lion (I thought it was a cool name because he was the color of a lion, but then I figured out most goldfish are gold). Then she looked at me all sad and she took my hand, and I remember her exact words. "Hun, Lion is with Gramama now. He went to see her." I knew what she meant by that, even though I was six. She meant that he was dead. I hate it when people do that, I wish they would just come out and say it because it just makes me feel worse. They think they're helping you. And I just kept on staring at her for a minute or two, and then it finally sank in and I looked down and started to cry. "You mean he's dead, Mama. Lion's dead." I didn't even mean it as a question, either, but she nodded. I'll always remember that day. Just like I'll probably remember this day . . . Oh, crap.

Then I came back to the present.

"Hey, Mom?" I said as I sat down at the table. "Dad, what are you watching?"

"Uh, nothin'. Just the news. There's nothing good to hear about this city anyway." He pressed a button on the remote and the TV shut off. I wanted to see what was on the news, but Dad wouldn't give me the remote when I reached for it. I thought I saw I quick picture of a boy with dark brown hair on the screen right before it was turned off. Oh, jeez, my mind must be playing tricks on me. I hope. Well, that's a first.

Everything was too quiet now, and I was getting uncomfortable, so I had to say something. "Why are you cooking breakfast, Mom?"

"Oh, shoot!" Mom said as she accidentally burnt herself on the pot as she was trying to pick it up. I think she just did that because she didn't want to answer my question, though. Then she came over to me and pushed some burnt eggs onto my plate. She never was good at cooking.

"Uh, yum?" I said awkwardly and took a bite. I think Mom thinks that we love her cooking, because me and Dad never had the heart to tell her that she sucks at it. And I definately couldn't tell her now, that's for sure, I thought. I took another bite.

"Wow, Danette, that looks delicious," Dad said while Mom scooped some greasy bacon onto my plate along with the burnt stuff.

"So . . . ? What do you want to tell me?" I asked through a mouthful of bacon.