Regret

Robert's POV

"I was honestly shocked to see you on the list, Mia." Dr. Flynn said when he came in.

"Really? Why?" she asked him.

"Because when you're usually in here, you're pregnant." he said "So, when I saw what was going on it took me by surprise."

"Oh." Mia said.

"Hey, Robert." Dr. Flynn said.

"Hey, how's it going?" I spoke.

"Good, thanks for asking." he said continuously writing stuff down on the papers that were on the clipboard.

He went over to her while looking at the machines to see what they were saying I guess. He wrote something down on the paper again, then he looked over at her.

"What?" she asked "Is it bad?"

"Yes and no." he answered and Mia looked like she just wanted to cry again.

Dr. Flynn noticed her facial expression and quickly spoke.

"Mia, don't cry." he said.

"She's scared that you're going to say she has a heart problem or something." I said for her.

"Is that so?" he questioned reading the clipboard "Well, you don't so you have no reason to worry about that now or in the future."

I went over to her, getting a few tissues to hand to her.

"What is it then?" I asked.

"She's just stressed, that's all." he answered.

"All of that is just stress?" Mia asked, blowing her nose afterwards.

"Yes, a buildup of stress can do that. The rapid breathing, shaking, passing out were signs from your body telling you that you're doing too much." he said "The body will do all of these things to make sure you have enough strength and energy to do what you have to."

"I thought I was dying." she said and Dr. Flynn chuckled.

"Most people do if they haven't experienced it before. It's a serious issue but if it's taken care of then it's nothing life threatening." he explained "It's a good thing that Robert was there because the paramedics can't always get there in five minutes or less which is critical when a person isn't breathing."

"Yeah, thanks." she said tapping me with her foot.

"You're welcome." I said.

"I already know Austin probably looked like a deer in headlights, but that's besides the point." Dr. Flynn joked and we all laughed.

Dr. Flynn flipped through the rest of the papers. Making sure that everything looked okay and was correct.

"I'm going to prescribe some medicine to you and I would suggest that you take it every day at the same time. I would also recommend that whatever has been causing you stress, that you stay away from it." he said and Mia and I looked at eachother.

"So, uhh, what if it's not an 'it' but it's actually a person?" I asked for her hoping it would make it less obvious.

"Then you stay away from that person, plain and simple, unless you want this to happen again." he said and he noticed the looks Mia and I were giving each other so he stopped "I know I'm missing something."

"Yeah." I admitted.

"Is Austin the one causing you to have all of this stress?" he asked and she nodded slowly "Well, I mean, I already gave my answer and it still stands whether it's him or not."