Explain

Hannah's POV *2 Days Later*

"Do you feel any better?" Robert asked me from beside the bed.

"Somewhat" I answered "My back and everything below my waist still hurts."

"Did the medicine help at all?"

"For a little while the pain had stopped, but now it's back." I told him.

"Do you want me to get the nurse?" he asked and I shook my head in response.

"I really want to see Aidan" I spoke and he nodded.

"I want to see him too, but we have to wait a few more minutes" he told me.

"Well when can we take him home?" I asked curious to know.

"2-3 weeks" he answered and my happiness faded away with his words.

"Why so long?" I questioned.

"He was 5.3 pounds, the nurse said that he has to stay for a while to make sure he'll receive the care that he needs." he answered and I nodded as a police officer walked into the room.

"Ms. Miller?" the officer spoke.

"Yes?" I responded.

"I'm Ava, I work with the Miami Police Department." she introduced herself.

"Okay, nice to meet you." I said looking back at Robert while I sat up in the hospital bed.

"I'm here today because you were admitted into the hospital with several bruises on your body." she stated "Would you like to tell me where they came from?"

"No" I answered and Robert glanced over at me.

"Hannah" Robert scolded.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said.

"Ms. Miller you have no choice, this is your third time showing up to the hospital with unexplained bruises." Ava said.

"Third time!?" Robert stood up from his seat looking down at me confused.

"Yes, it's her third time." she confirmed.

"Hannah, what the fuck did he do to you?" Robert asked me angrily.

"He didn't do anything." I said and Robert laughed dryly putting his hands on his head, exhaling deeply before returning his attention to me.

"Don't protect him Hannah" he told me.

"I'm not protecting him, he didn't do anything." I lied.

"Are you going to protect Anna too?" he snapped "After we almost lost our son over the shit she did?"

"You know Anna?" Ava asked ignoring the repulsive words that left my mouth.

"She's my ex-girlfriend." he told her.

"And who is the him you are referring to?" she asked.

"Ashton, her ex-boyfriend." he said and her facial expression was priceless once she found out the relation between us all.

"So his ex-girlfriend and your ex-boyfriend were the two that harmed you? Is that correct?" she asked gesturing her hands to make her point.

"No" I said and Robert flipped his shit.

"Yes! You know they did!" Robert yelled "You're not going to defend them!"

"Ms. Miller you do know you can go to jail for lying to a police officer, right?" she asked and I nodded "Then I suggest you tell me the truth. Whatever you tell me will stay between me and you. Ashton and Anna won't know what we discussed or that I was even here."