Prove It

Mia's POV

I woke up the next morning and rolled over in to bed to be faced with a bouquet of white roses. I simpered when I saw the card sticking out from in between the roses. I then glanced around the rest of the room to see Austin wasn't in here at all.

I rubbed my eyes to wake myself up a little more and then I reached over to grab the card. There was writing on the outside of the card that read "One lifetime with you could never be enough." and then on the inside he wrote "I want to prove to you how special you are to me. I screwed up and I know sorry doesn't fix it, but I hope you can forgive me."

His hand writing is literally adorable and it's neater than I expected. I mean when I was his "assistant" I really didn't pay close attention to his hand writing. I thought his hand writing was like everyone else's, but his is cute and I just now noticed that.

I closed the card and looked up to see Austin standing in the doorway shirtless. 

"Goodmorning Beautiful" he said with a small smile and I smirked.

"Goodmorning Mr. Mahone" I said in return.

"How do you feel?" he asked with his boyish grin.

"I feel fine, how do you feel?" I answered then asked him.

"I feel great" he said coming over to me. He climbed into bed next to me, the only thing he had on was his night pants. Everything else he must've taken off before I woke up or maybe he went to sleep that way, I don't remember.

"Thank you" I said to him, gesturing towards the roses "And why did you get white roses?" I asked, very curious to know.

"You're very welcome" he smiled "And I got white roses because I know they're your favorite."

"When did I ever tell you they were my favorite?" I asked curiously.

"On our honeymoon" he answered "You mentioned it" he added.

"You remembered" I responded.

"Yeah" he giggled looking down at his tattoo that was completely healed. It looked amazing to be honest and the redness that surrounded the tattoo when he first got it done was gone.

"I'm merely impressed Mahone" I said and he smirked.

"So you're going to refer to me by my last name now?" he asked and I shrugged "Because you know that's your last name too" he said and I blushed lightly.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" I blurted out changing the topic while I ran my fingers across his tattoo, looking at it and admiring the words.

"Promise me.." he started.

"Promise you what?" I asked.

"Promise me you won't be mad and that you'll hear me out" he said.

"I promise" I said and he placed his hand over mine to stop me from moving.

"The night you called me on the phone because Carter was crying for me..." he paused and I looked at him awaiting the rest of his response "We had sex" he finished.

"How many times have you had sex with her?" I asked and he closed his eyes for a quick second.

"Twice" he answered and I instantly felt anger rush throughout my body.

"So you lied to me" I said and he nodded.

"I'm sorry" he said "The first time I actually wanted to, but the second time...i-it just kind of happened"