Miracle

Robert's POV

Since I had taken as long as I did to drop Ally off I decided to just go to the store later. I was almost home and to my surprise I didn't get one phone call from Hannah, which is unusual. She usually calls me, even if she just wanted to tell me that she misses me, but this time she didn't. I had no choice but to drop the thought as I pulled into the driveway.

I turned the music off and pulled my key out of the ignition. I opened the car door and got out, shutting it behind me. I pressed the button on my car keys and locked the car. Then, I walked up to the front door, unlocking it, then going in.

I closed the door behind me and tossed my keys on the side table before I noticed the glass from it was shattered on the floor. I bent down and picked up my keys before I spoke.

"Hannah" I said walking forward then turning to my right to see her laid out on the floor "Oh my god"

I ran over to her and pulled her into my lap, looking down at her. She just stared up at me with an impassive look. I glanced down to see the puddle of fluid around her legs, then that's when I knew something went on while I was gone.

"What happened?" I asked my voice cracking as I held back tears "Who did this to you?" I asked lifting her up further into my arms.

"Anna" she said as her voice was only a whisper "And Ashton"

"What?" I asked confused "Both of them?" I asked and she nodded.

"Alright, I have to get you to a hospital" I said lifting her up and into my arms bridal style.

"The baby's gone Robert" she told me and I tried to blink the tears away, but this time I couldn't manage to do so.

"Don't say that" I told her as I carried her out the door.

*At The Hospital*

It's been an hour since we got here and I'm pacing the floor nervously. I called Mia and Austin, they said that they're on their way, but that was about twenty minutes ago. I can feel my palms starting to sweat and the thought I've tried so hard to forget wiggles it's way into my mind.

Anxiety crashes over me and my every waking thought is consumed with this worry. Soon what was once a small thing blossoms into more worry the more I think about it.

My mind was witnessing wave after wave of emotion; as it crashed down, my lip trembled slightly and with it too brought a fresh set of salty tears to leak from my eyes. No matter how much I tried to keep the watery droplets away, they refused.

"Robert" Dr. Flynn spoke dragging me out of my thoughts and I quickly turned to face him.

"Yeah, is she okay? is the baby okay?" I questioned continuously.

"Hannah is fine" he breathed and I sighed in relief.

"What about the baby?" I asked hoping that he wouldn't say the worst.

"Well when she fell she ruptured her amniotic sac, which is where the fluid came from. The baby doesn't receive protection or many of the main things it needs without that, but I believe we can fix it." he explained.

"How can you fix that?" I asked confused at what he could possibly do.

"She has to give birth to the baby early." he answered.

"How could she possibly give birth now?" I asked "She's a month and a half early."

"Induction" he answered.

"What is that? What will it do?" I asked question after question.

"All we'll do is give her a dose of pitocin. What it will do is start her contractions and or put her in labor." he explained.