Who's Wrong?

Hannah's POV

"Alright, let's talk." Mia said.

"About?" I asked and she shrugged sitting criss-cross on the couch beside me.

I took my shoes off and turned to face her on the couch, sitting the same way she was.

"I don't know, what's going on with you and Robert?" she asked.

"Well guess who decided to pay us a visit?" I asked her and her eyes widened a little.

"Who?" she asked.

"Anna" I answered and she rolled her eyes making me laugh.

"What did she want this time?" she asked me.

"She apparently came to tell Ally the truth." I told her.

"She told Ally that you weren't her mother!?" she asked, I could tell she was shocked.

"Yes" I answered "She also came to get shared custody of Ally, but Robert didn't sign the paper."

"So now all of a sudden she wants to spend time with her daughter?" Mia asked.

"Yes" I answered "I just don't get why she chose now, she's already missed nearly five years of her life."

"Maybe she's just trying to do the right thing." Mia said.

"Don't defend her." I said and she raised her hands "She didn't give a damn about Ally when she was a baby, she didn't give a damn about her when she was 1, 2, or 3. Why does she care now after all these years?"

"She wants something." she said shrugging before Austin came in and sat down on the couch beside us.

"Uh uh, back to bed." she said to Austin while pointing to the bedroom.

"No, I've come to listen to your wonderful conversation." he said with a bright smile.

She narrowed her eyes at him, giving him a look, I then looked at her then at Austin.

"Hannah, it was nice seeing you, I think I should be making my way back to the room now." Austin said getting up and Mia smiled at him.

After he got up and went down the short hallway into the room, I turned to her giving her a questioning look.

"What was that?" I asked.

"What was what?" she asked reversing the question back to me.

"How you just made him get up and do what you said with one look?" I questioned.

"It's a thing that we do, we give each other looks that each mean something different. It's like our little secret code for communication." she explained.

"Oh, I do the same thing with Robert." I asked.

"Mommy" Ally said coming over to me.

"What's wrong?" I asked her and she climbed up on the couch and laid in my lap.

"It's her nap time, that's what that is." Mia said before Carter came over to her.

"Mommy" Carter whined.

"Are you tired too?" she asked and he nodded.

She lifted him up and into her lap, rubbing his back as he rested his head on her shoulder.

"We should go shopping later on this week." I suggested.

"Can't, maybe next week." Mia said.

"Why not?" I asked her.