#30 - It All Starts Today

Start from the beginning

Blame it on B.I. He was the cause.

It wouldn't be a problem if we only passed each other accidentally, but it didn't go that way since B.I purposely ended my way by standing before me. With only a second of glare, his eyes instructed Chaeyong to depart.

"Don't listen to him." I snatched Chaeyong's shoulder before she could do anything that B.I ordered.

But B.I was too intimidating in everybody's eyes which led Chaeyong shivering in fear, only through a silent contact with him. Actually me too, his appearance drove myself being clumsy or so, with a bit of awkwardness because we hadn't talk since our break up.

"Y-Yoora, I'll call you l-later." Chaeyong's grip left certainty on me as she continued her own way herself.

For a moment my eyes traveled on Chaeyong's presence outside the building before it bitterly landed on B.I, whose gaze didn't even show any kind of guilt.

He was now observing every part of my face as if he was a detective catching his suspect; me. Lots of diversity in emotions could be seen behind the water of his face either.

"I'm leaving this country soon, aren't you going to say goodbye or something?" He started. Apparently my temper was having a hard time not to explode because he literally got rid of Chaeyong only to ask that.

"I don't know that you're such a two-faced person." I scoffed while waiting for his reaction, but he ended up furrowing his brows.

"Remember how awful you ignored me at that time as if I was invisible for you? But now you came here and literally begging for goodbye words while not even a slight of guilt show up after ditching Chaeyong aside by force?!"

B.I surely wasn't expecting me to burst in annoyance as his reaction became priceless as ever. Not only that, but some outrageous glares from students around also took place in our drama scene. It was too late, my risen voice caught their attention already.

Our circumstances here grew uncomfortably, so B.I decided to drag me out of this school and led us into this quiescent looking park where nobody would give their concerns towards us.

B.I started talking once he stabilized his breath, "You never thought of my feelings, do you?"

"We were completely fine the day before, no fights were happening between us at that time. But the following day you came with some kind of distressed self and you wanted a break up all of the sudden!"

"But weren't you going to break me up either?!" I opposed him.

"I only said I was going abroad to America!!" His even louder voice brought a sudden jolt on me, "T-that day, I determined to go against my dad if you asked me to stay. I've never thought of breaking you up."

It was at this point, I realized that I was nothing else than a selfish person. As guilt began to spread along my body, I didn't even dare to give him a peek so my eyes only wandered below at the ground.

Only the sound of the evening breeze was audible since no one spat any words, but it only lasted a brief moment before B.I's cough broke our dead air, just like always. His severe cough would leak out of the blues, and this time it was as if those hatred and disappointed feelings went out in unison with his cough.

"B.I!" I dared myself to take a step forward, being closer to B.I while giving him a hand by caressing his back. He had gotten better aftermath, but that made the worst part for me. Without my awareness, B.I caught my arms in one swept and invaded my soul with his deep stare.

"Why? Why?!" He begged in such a dying condition, "Why did you break me up all of the sudden?!"

Rather than asking, he was more likely to go crazy for my answer which genuinely sprawled dreads over me. B.I kept pleading with hands on my arms, shaking me back and forth in a quite abusive way.

I didn't know how long I had been holding my answer, not spilling any words though B.I was getting more and more aggressive like his life depended on it.

But telling him the truth was the last choice.

So the answer was already at the tip of my mouth before someone violently twisted B.I's arm by force, making a spacious gap between us as B.I fell miserably. Both of our eyes then widened at the person behind that action.

"You jerk..." B.I grunted under his breath, "Why are you always on my way, Jeon Jungkook?!"

"I thought you're supposed to know how to treat a girl." Jungkook asked B.I back while hiding me behind him. Looking at how settled his muscles were, you could tell that he wouldn't hesitate if he had to knock B.I down.

B.I stood by himself and got his veins bulging under his skin, yet I caught something odd upon his expression as if he was bearing a very bad pain from his chest, though it only lasted faster than a second.

Forget about that. Now his anger was only rising higher than the sky while it seemed like he was calling Jungkook for a tragic fight, getting ready to jump on it.

No, I couldn't let this happen again.

"Enough, B.I." I stepped forward, being in front of Jungkook and not bothering him who kept asking me to move apart.

"Wow, you're protecting him now?" B.I giggled in a tone full of disappointment, probably couldn't believe the action I did just now.

"Isn't it obvious why?" I asked him back, neglecting how rapid my heartbeat was since Jungkook was straight behind me, "Because I like him."

"I like Jungkook from the start."