#30 - It All Starts Today

A Few Days Later

Your POV

The piercing sound of the school bell made every student crawling with euphoria. Everyone was waiting for its loud annoying noise, only for that time of the day though. Meanwhile, students slowly dismissed from their classes one by one.

Anyway, y'all remember that desk beside me was B.I's, right? It didn't belong to him now, not to mention he'd leave South Korea in two days. B.I himself wasn't a student of YG Highschool any longer, though he still came here occasionally.

After settling my stuff, Dahye and I headed out from class, chattering casually until this girl surprised us by standing near to our classroom door. For a moment we buried ourselves into silence, no, she was the one who made us to since not even a word came from her.

"Yoora-yah, Dahye-ah." She finally broke the ice, "Can I have a minute?"

"Hm, but I have a club soon." Dahye replied impatiently and intended to leave as fast as she could. Thankfully I succeeded in stopping her.

"Go on, Chaeyong-ah." I called with Dahye's wrist on my grasp.

A super bothered look was plastered on Dahye after I ensured her to listen first, and so Chaeyong gave in her thoughts, "I'm sorry for such a childish act back then, for being selfish about love, even hurting my best friends. My real best friends."

As expected. I thought.

"Hey, forgiving you isn't a big thing." Dahye said, "But being friends with you again, it's definitely not a piece of cake for us."

A hard squeeze from me landed on Dahye's wrist since she was just adding insult to injury. But rather than apologizing, Dahye showed that am I wrong? face against me.

"I-It's okay, I didn't come here to ask forgiveness or else." Chaeyong followed with flickering eyes, "I just wanna say sorry, that's all."

Her previous smile slowly became evanescent by the time she finished talking and dismissed herself. Chaeyong was already few steps away from us but I blocked her, it was after I hurriedly coaxed Dahye to give Chaeyong another chance.

"You guys." I held their hands tightly, "It's not a problem to start over. It's a new chance to rebuild our friendship whatever we want, isn't it?"

"O-okay, okay. I understand. But I really have to go now, see you later." Dahye bid a quick goodbye and ran within a flash of light, causing a pout across Chaeyong though her mood was probably lifted a bit by my acceptance.

"Don't worry, Dahye will forgive you thoroughly in no time." I stroked her back in order to soothe the situation. Her smile became visible again, then gradually wider with a nod followed after.

So it was just Chaeyong and me, agreeing to walk back home together. But before that she peeked behind, sending a smile to Jimin who stood near his own class.

Wait, so Jimin was there after all this time?!

It was even weirder after he replied Chaeyong with a relieved smile. Perhaps Chaeyong knew I'd ask anything so she explained it first.

"He encourages me for this." She explained, her eyes were focused on Jimin whose presence slowly decreased from our sights.

I was still in shock by her response, especially when she stepped forward to hide her shyness as I caught a glimpse of her bashful smile. Well, a good start for them, I guess?

///

An unexpected thing happened while Chaeyong was giving me tons of stories during her friendship experience with Hyuna. It scattered our atmosphere which wasn't even close to awkward, what a shame!