#26 - A Secret I Can't Tell

B.I's POV

"I have to go to America." I stared deeply at her eyes, "...next week."

As I expected, the atmosphere between us was only turning firm after I spoke that sentence out. I could see how startled Yoora was. Her body trembled in shock, as seen from the water of her face too.

How I'd wish to calm her down, including to hug her tightly saying that it was alright. But judging from her wish earlier, guess I couldn't make any move now, could I?

"T-this isn't the right time for joking, B.I." She suddenly said, still with a flickering look.

I got my eyes bewildered by her words, never had I thought she was going to think that way, "Joke, did you say?"

"Why would I call you in the middle of school just to put on a joke?" I added while taking a step closer, causing her to walk backward.

Yoora aimlessly shook her head before saying, "But you said that you'll go there once we're graduated, not now!"

She stood before me with eyes covered with tears, so glassy until I was reflected on it.

"Why all of a sudden?" Yoora muttered behind the tears that slowly left her eyes. Though she tried to hide it, it was unfortunately too obvious.

This urge to hug her thoroughly was already at the tip of my body, felt like it was going to burst out in no time.

However, I didn't move. Even an inch. My body just wouldn't as I recalled everything that happened, starting from yesterday night.

flashback

It wasn't rare if the car that brought me and my father back home was completely silent. Rather than my occasional cough, no other sound was audible to our hearings.

Like my late mother said, a guy should never cry easily over something. So I tried. I tried hard to cease these tears from falling, didn't let even a drop to escape.

Unluckily, it only lasted halfway through our trip.

The first drop of tears came exactly after I thought about her; Kim Yoora. If it wasn't because of her, I could still withstand this outrageous, obnoxious news of mine. Or perhaps I just couldn't, this was insane anyway.

I hurriedly erased those tears before the car dropped me and my father off in front of my house, so that nobody could see my eyes being red and swollen.

"Start packing your belongings." My dad uttered behind me right after we laid our feet inside the house.

He then continued his words after I threw a confused look upon him, "I'll send you to Seattle soon, for your treatment there."

There was it, a moment without any sounds or words from me as I could only give him a giggle. The exact same expression when I heard from the doctor about my sickness.

"Seoul?" I asked, hoping that I heard my father wrong earlier, "You want me to get treatment at Seoul?"

"I trust no doctors here. I'm sending you to Seattle, America." He said aloud, "You're going to continue your study there anyway. Isn't that great? You can still study while receiving treatment all at once."

No time to be shocked to death. No need to wait another minute of silence. It was so doubtless that I was going to refuse it.

"Who am I to be sent everywhere and every time you want? Your employee?" I questioned him while hiding my temper, "There's no way I'd say yes."