#29 - 0.5 Percent

Chaeyong's POV

Who wouldn't be curious if you saw your ex-best friend escalating through the stairs with tears burst out from her eyes? If I were the old me who once hated her, probably I'd make myself uninvolved. But now?

Questions I tried to answer by myself were too puzzling so I decided to follow Yoora, just before Jungkook showed up and chased her as well without conceiving me nearby.

"Seriously, what happened to them?"

I hesitated for a moment, should or shouldn't I take any closer view of this scene. But apparently it was too suspicious so I chased them immediately, running up the stairs as well. That moment, I realized they were heading to the rooftop.

The last scene I caught was Jungkook entering the rooftop, yet he left the door slightly opened. So without any other thoughts, I reached the door, peeking from that gap for the scene outside.

Dummy. I insulted myself.

Looking at how gentle Jungkook was towards Yoora led me suffering alone from this unbearable misery. Though it happened a lot, this time was justㅡ really painful.

I fought myself not to grow any hatred feelings since it felt like someone was throbbing you with a knife. I thought I could withstand it, but this wet surface on my cheeks said otherwise. Meanwhile, their faces became closer and closer, so close until it would be my worst nightmare.

"N-no... Don't!" I mumbled between my silent sob before slamming the door shut harshly. I just couldn't bear it anymore.

Realizing what I had done, I left that place in a flash of light whilst descending the stairs as well as erasing my tears. Acting to walk casually because other students shouldn't know about my bloated look.

ㅡBut the issue didn't just stop right there.

My face was still looking puffy as I tried to hide it, yet this group of people suddenly walked towards my direction which got me startled as hell. They didn't notice me at first, but this one boy did.

"Chaeyong-ah?" Jimin faced my uneasy self.

How I'd wish to curse at that time, because the rest of BTS including Dahye started recognizing me by Jimin's call, and I hated it for driving my panic up.

Why would he call me like that?! Between those thoughts, I turned back on them and ran for my life before they could see my after-crying face. Especially Jimin, he'd interrogate without mercy if I don'tㅡ

"Yoon Chaeyong, stop right there!" Jimin shouted right behind me. He grabbed my wrist as I felt my body was distorted, facing him instead while breathing heavily.

"Follow me." He demanded while leading me downstairs without saying another word.

Ugh. Not my lucky day.

///

"Jimin-ah, let me go!" I pulled my wrist out from his grip by the time we reached the basketball court, "Can't you be more gentle towards a girl?!"

"S-sorry..." Jimin said with regret.

Quite surprising that his look was full of concern, I could tell, and this was the first time I saw him that way. The first time I noticed his maturity as well, rather than being a bubbly manggaetteok like he always did in class.

That was quite... attractive?

"You're avoiding me. No, us." Jimin suddenly spoke.

"Can't you see? It would be embarrassing if I show my swollen face to everyone!"