Chapter 19: An Intruder

Chapter 19:

Melody's P.O.V.

'Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Words simply cannot describe my love for you,

Your eyes are an endless ocean of blue.

Just say the word and my heart is yours.'

I, calmly as possible, exhaled a sigh and flipped over the other side of the paper.

'Show this to anyone else's eyes and you will receive no word of Matthew or Raven ever again.'

I had read it a thousand times already yet I still couldn't get my head around it. Man it was corny but who had left this here and how did they get it inside the house on my desk without Angel or Ashley hearing?

Did one of the guys here write it? I highly doubted it, they were both desperate for any information on Raven and Matthew. Besides, Ashley isn't capable of keeping a secret, he just blabs it out whilst he's speaking to you and half the time he doesn't even notice it, he's not able to be part of a plan.

Angel on the other hand... He is incredibly smart and well capable of keeping something like this from Ashley and myself but Matthew was his best friend, would he really do something like this? He hates being in charge of the clan. Or so he lets on.

I shook this nonsense from my mind. I have to trust them, we must stick together or whomever is trying to mess with my head will have an advantage. But the question is do I tell anyone about this note? 

After thinking it through for about ten minutes or so I decided to keep this to myself. Not because the note tells me not to tell anyone but because I don't want Angel to freak out, and knowing him he most likely would. Sighing, I found a pencil under my bed and walked over to my desk. I rummaged through the drawer for a piece of paper. I found a piece, it was old ripped and had coffee spilled on the right hand corner, but it would do.

'Who is this?' I wrote in my scrawly writing. I didn't think this person would even bother replying even if they did come back but I guess it was worth a shot nevertheless. I left it on the desk, half hidden by a book but in the same place as the first note had been left. 

"Melody?" Angel called to me from down the hall.
I was staying in Matthew's old room, the one with the view of empty fields that once held an abundance of lavender and a now frozen waterfall. I walked to the door and peaked around, he was sitting at a chair before the hall.

"Yes?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You okay?" His face was neutral.

I frowned. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I was confused to the max.

He smiled slightly "Just making sure."

Jeez, what's up with him?

Angel's P.O.V.

I narrowed my eyes as I heard her close the door over and the springs groaned as she sat on Matthew's bed. She refused to stay in any other room when we came back from Germany so I decided to let her have his room, it's not as if he would have been here to use it anyway. Part of both of us had been hopeful that we would have opened the door to the house and find Matthew or Raven sitting in their rooms or playing something on the piano. It was a bad idea to get our hopes up.

I clenched my fist, crumpling the paper in my palm. I relaxed my hand again and un-crumpled the paper, looking over it again.

'We're fine. Don't look for either of us and tell no one that we sent you this note. Trust us.'

It was typed out so I couldn't even tell if Raven or Matthew had written it. For all I knew it could be someone just messing around. But the note had been left in my room on my bed, probably when I had gone down to the cellar during the night. Matthew and Raven still had their keys with them in Germany, everyone always brings one with them whenever we go out, in case of emergencies. Unless someone else got a hold of their keys or they were able to break into the house somehow, it must have been Matthew or Raven. The note had no scent on it. Nothing that could indicate anything.

I walked into the snow. Each step I took made the snow crunch and buckle. I was walking in no particular directions. No path to lead me anywhere. No map, no guidelines.

"Angel!" Melody's voice shouted to me from Matthew's room, she was banging on the glass.

I slowly turned round and looked at her, her eyes filled with fear. My muscles tightened. Instinct was telling me to go back to her, and so I did.

I ran with everything I had at top speed. Matthew, Raven and Gray weren't here to look after her, so that meant I had to and so far I was doing a shitty ass job of it. It was time to take charge.

"What is it Mel?" I shoved open the door.

She was in a fit of tears in front of a mirror her hands up at her neck. I stormed over to her and removed her hands from her neck. My eyes widened and my arms dropped to my sides.

Her scarred bite marks had been re-punctured.