Chapter 1

Unbeating is the first novel I've ever written, which I started to write about 3 or 4 years ago so have mercy on my horrible writing please!
That being said I hope you enjoy what you read and if you're interested the sequal, "Don't Run From Me (I'll Find You)" is up which doesn't require you to have read this book before reading it.

Vote/Comments are always appreciated <3

_______________________________________________

Chapter 1:

Melody's P.O.V.
I awoke in the dead of night, sweating, my pale blue pyjamas clinging to my skin. There was an ominous feeling about the air. Usually at this time you could hear the clatter of hooves and the tired grumbles of working men, but tonight there was not a sound. I stepped into my plain black shoes and crept out onto the hallway.

A strong odor hung in the damp air and I wrinkled my nose in disgust. I tried walking silently towards my brother's room but the floorboards creaked and groaned as I walked. I knocked on the hard pine door and pushed it open. I peered into the room and tip-toed in.

"Gray are you aw-" I stopped mid sentence, narrowing my eyes and I scanned the room. My brother was usually awake at this time since he was no stranger to insomnia. But all I found was a made up bed and an open window, the curtains flapping in the breeze.

I stood around idle and confused. A loud, ear piercing scream came from outside on the road. I scrambled out of the room in fright and with a great effort, pushed open the heavy door to my parent's room. I opened my mouth to speak but was again greeted by a deserted room. I began to panic and rushed downstairs, into the old fashioned kitchen. The only thing telling me that someone had been active recently was a spilled cup of coffee.