Chapter 12: Close

Chapter 12:

Melody's P.O.V.

The room was sparkling clean. The smooth wallpaper was snow white, with ebony diamonds. The tiled floor was a beige cream colour and the distinctive strong scent of lemons filled the air. 

"Now go take a seat on that bed over there." Desmond instructed softly.

I clambered onto the bed that had a mattress as hard as concrete. Desmond looked a little nervous and Ashley looked curious as he sat on top of a metal desk. 

Desmond coughed worriedly, "Now first I would like to check the damage on your ribs, if that's okay with you."

I nodded wordlessly, very slowly pulling up the end of my t shirt revealing my stomach. My hands were shaking. He's only looking at you in a medical way, not a perverted way I reminded myself.

"A little more." He urged.

I raised my shirt a little more stopping just under my bra, obviously not comfortable showing that much flesh to someone I had just met, regardless of whether he was a doctor or not. My ribs were on full display and were decorated with with large yellow bruises. Desmond felt my rib cage, his fingers were cold and his touch was rough. 

"Any pain or discomfort?"

"No."

Ashley glanced around Desmond's shoulder and his eyes widened a little. 

"Ah, that's good. Your ribs seem to be intact." Desmond noted.

I nodded.

"Can I have a look at your back?" Desmond asked.

The door opened and I gasped, yanking down my shirt. I glared at Raven as he slid into the room. Desmond didn't take notice of him. I stared at Raven and he stared right back at me.

"Your back?" Desmond repeated to me.

I slipped off the bed and turned around timidly.

"What's going on?" Raven asked, sounding a little confused.

He stood very close beside me, placing one of his hands on my hip, a gesture I found a little odd.

Ashley jumped up off the desk, "It's just a checkup Rave. Relax."

Raven sighed, rolling his eyes.

Ashley also sighed, "Hey uh, I just remembered that I have some things to do. So I'll be leaving you now."

"What things?" Raven narrowed his eyes ever so slightly.

"Just things." He replied simply, leaving the room with speed my eyes couldn't keep up with. 

Desmond cleared his throat loudly and I focused my vision on the wall in front of me. Desmond harshly pulled up the back of my shirt all the way up to my shoulders. I shivered as the cold air pinched my back and I desperately clung to the front of my shirt, making sure it stayed down. 

Cold but more gentle fingers, that probably belonged to Raven traced up along my spine, I flinched as those gentle hands were replaced with rough hands prodding my back. Scared tears stung my eyes and an unsteady breath left my lips. 

Raven carefully slid himself in between me and the bed leaving our hips uncomfortably close together.

Just what did he think he was doing?

He held my hand and stared into my eyes although I refused to look at him. Desmond's hands travelled up my back, feeling the bones at shoulder blades. I hissed lowly as his hand got closer to my bite marks. I squealed as his freezing fingers trailed over the bite marks.