Chapter 32: An Old Friend

I didnt proof read this so prepare for random mistakes
_________________________________________________________

Chapter 32:

Melody's P.O.V.

I had pretty much been cruising through the forest hopelessly until it abruptly stopped. There were no more towering trees and the ground had turned to well kept bright green grass, it was then that I realised I had ended up in someone's back yard.

"Shit." I whispered to myself, the last thing I needed was to get in trouble for trespassing on someone's land, that would not be fun.

Thankfully there was an alley at the side of the house that I was able walk through and get onto the main street, which consisted of mainly cobblestone. It made me feel nostalgic, a small smile crept onto my face despite the situation I was in. To be honest, the whole area I was in was in someway familiar, but I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was that made it so familiar, maybe it was just the cobblestone streets. It was very quiet though, it was suspicious. It wasn't possible that every single person was in their house right?

I turned a corner and a lump formed in my throat, I knew exactly where I was. There was absolutely no mistaking it, that was definitely my house right ahead of me.

I pushed the door with a great force and it immediately gave in and opened with a click. Good old door, never lets me down. I gazed around, I was a little shocked to find that the house was completely spotless, and a little worried too. I mean, who'd want to clean up what had been all over this house? Cautiously I peered around into the kitchen, nothing was out of place, everything was still ugly and brown and minty green. Something definitely wasn't right if the kitchen was still hideously designed but the rest of the house was spotless, and I wasn't in the mood to find out what it was that was wrong. I had a feeling it was something I couldn't evade.

I took the stairs three steps at a time and ran into my room, I may as well take some of my stuff while I'm here. I picked up an old black school bag and flung open my wardrobe door. I grabbed two pairs of jeans along with an old pair of light blue shorts and stuffed them all into my bag. I wrenched a light grey hoodie off its hanger and threw it on my bed, I noticed that even the bed sheets had been changed. Lastly I went to my jewellery box and picked out the white gold bracelet Grey had bought me for our birthday and the gold locket my parents had bought me that same year, I stuffed them both into my bag.

I picked up the hoodie, walked out of my room and was about to run down the stairs when I stopped. Should I go to Grey's room to see if there's anything I can take for him? I know I shouldn't take things from his room without his permission but would he really mind..? Oh well, I'll do it anyway.

As soon as I pushed open the door my heart squeezed painfully. The bed sheets were not made, and were in fact messier than they had been when I had last been here. There was a piece of crisp white paper on his pillow that I walked over to and picked up. My eyes widened, I immediately recognized the hand writing.

'Dear Gray my precious boy,
      I don't know when you'll read this but hopefully you'll get to it before anyone else will. I know about everything. I know about Vampires and I know about you and I don't think any less of you, I still love you.
       My fate has pretty much been sealed, and its not very bright. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't much of a mother to you and Melody. And I'm sorry to tell you this and there isn't really anyway to sugarcoat this so I'll just be blunt, your father has passed. He was killed by your kind in front of my own eyes.' 

My breath hitched in my throat. Father... was dead? I placed my hand over my mouth. I could definitely believe that this was how my father had died, yet I didn't want to believe it. By who? And why? Those were questions I would probably never get answers to. I blinked furiously and frowned deeply at the letter.