Chapter 11: Kind Gesture

Chapter 11: 

Melody's P.O.V.

I fell back onto the soft velvet material of the duvet that was laid out over the bed in my room. Well, mine and Gray's room.

The velvet throw over was a dark violet colour. The walls in the room were light, sky blue and the lush carpet a coffee beige. The colour scheme here offended my eyes a lot less than some of the schemes back at the house. A strained sigh escaped from my throat. Perhaps demanding that I carry my own bags up two sets of stairs wasn't such a fantastic idea after all.

-FLASHBACK-

"Will I carry those bags for you?" Matt's perfect smile beaming at me like the sun.

"No, I can carry them myself." I answered defensively.

His smile turned into a mysterious smirk.

"Are you sure? I don't mind carrying them for you, they look hea-"

"Yes I'm sure! I'm not 3, I can manage." I snapped.

"Alright then." He was still smirking and he sounded as though he thought otherwise.

I hauled one of the bags up the first step.

Holy Jesus on a bike. Who packed these things!? 
Frowning at the bag, I dragged up the other one. Matt was standing there, raising an eyebrow at me. I ignored him and heaved the bags up another two steps. A muscle pulled in my arm and I dropped the heaviest bag, letting it tumble down the three stairs it had been dragged up. I groaned loud in frustration, my arm pulsing and throbbing. Matt bent over to pick up the bag.

"Leave it!" I shouted at him.

He jumped in surprise, raising his hands defensively as he straightened up again. I stamped down the stairs, picking up the stupid bag with both hands and slowly, taking it one step at a time, wobbled up the stairs.

Out of breath, I trudged down the stairs and stopped beside the large hiker bag. I hunched over and put my palms onto my knees, taking short deep breaths. I took the bag, that was considerably lighter than the other one. I narrowed my eyes at the stairs, preparing myself to hike up them once again. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted Matt eyeing my bag. 

"What are y-"

He pounced forward and playfully pushed me into the wall, bounding up the stairs, my bag in his hand. 
"Ow, you asshole! My back." I laughed, holding my back, feeling like an 80 year old woman.

With an adrenaline boost pumping through my blood and I sprung up the stairs after him laughing, however with his inhuman speed I was at quite a disadvantage. I almost tripped over my bag that I had dragged up the stairs like a dead body. I threw the bag over my shoulder, still gripping the handles. Jogging up the second flight of stairs, my arms began to give out and felt a little sore. My legs wobbled and I stumbled forward onto one of the steps close to the top of the staircase. I let go of the bag and it slid down my back and onto the next step down from the one I was on, thankfully not tumbling all the way down. 

Matt appeared out of nowhere and offered his hand to me.

"You should have let me carry your bags, you're still too weak." He said softly.

I slapped my hand onto his and he pulled me up, wrapping one of his arms around my waist. My heart fluttered involuntarily and I stared at the ground. He supported my whole weight as we walked towards a door that was white, with red lining the designs carved into the wood. Whipping out a set of keys from his jeans pocket, he unlocked the door, leaving the keys hanging from the lock.