Chapter 34

Life was normal again at Turstab Academy, or at least as normal as it could possibly be.

Fortis was gone. Gone forever. They never, ever forgot Fortis. His memory lived on forever. Forever.

The four children dug a grave themselves and carved a stone by hand for him. Rough calluses covered their hand, but they did not care. They went to great lengths for each other.

The headstone of the grave looked something like this:

Rest In Peace

Fortis Potentia

A loving friend, fighter and mastermind

Message to Fortis:

We will always Love you, no matter what. We hope the best for you, and will never, ever forget you.

Love,

Lustria Desino, Riley Winter, Aevum Desino, Neeva Celeste and Burgundy Estrick

Just when they were about to place him in the grave, a tear from each child fell on his upper torso. Golden sparks, like what had happened to Lustria, erupted from his chest.

"Oh. Hello there! What? Where am I? Is the spider gone? Is he dead? Mission accomplished? Is everyone doing well?" Fortis had many questions.

They were all very ecstatic and euphoric at this sudden change of events. How are we doing?! How are we doing?! How can he ask us that when he just. . . DIED?! Lustria thought to herself.

"We are doing quite finely, but, how are you faring? You have not answered us yet," Aevum told Fortis.