Chapter 3

She stared at the clock intently as the ticking enveloped her. She concentrated hard on the time, the monster of life. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Suddenly, the loud ticking stopped. She sighed, flopping onto her bed.

"MORE TIME TO PRACTICE!" she yelled, willing to test the limit of her power.

Oh, yes, Aevum Desino was an intelligent child. She knew, that she had power, and she used it to her own advantage. Aevum quickly finished up her homework, and then squinted at the clock. 3:07 P.M.

"Yes!" she exclaimed to herself. It had been 3:07 P.M. when she had done what she called her 'magic'. Her eyes ached as she tried to regain energy. Moments later, her sister walked in.

"Hi!" Lustria said cheerfully.

"Ughhh! Go practice YOUR power! And leave me alone!" Aevum groaned.

"Aevie!" Lustria exclaimed.

"Do not call me that, it is irrational and juvenile!" Aevum yelled, exasperated.

"Fine," Lustria almost whimpered. And then she was "back to normal". Her little sister flicked her hand and the water in the glass turned to ice. Lustria then turned it back to water and created a world of water bubbles, glimmering and then she pulled her hands apart, almost with brute force. The water poured over Aevum's head, and she glared at Lustria through her newly created bangs.

"Oops!" Lustria giggled and pointed her finger at Aevum's head.

"There! You're dry and ready to go!" Lustria sang. "Now can we play? I'm done practicing!" Lustria asked.

"What do you want to play?!" Aevum yelled impatiently.

"POWER! POWER!" she said, jumping up and down.

"You want to play a game of. . . practicing our powers?" Aevum asked, uncertain.

"Yeah!" Lustria clapped her hands, obviously elated.

A few hours later, they grew tired of the game. Just then, Lustria eyes widened. "Aevie?" Lustria asked, the slightest bit scared.

"Ughhh! Lustria! How many times do I have to tell you not to-," Aevum saw the look in her sister's eyes. "WHAT IS WRONG?!" Aevum cried, alarmed. Lustria, who liked to go by the nickname of Lustri, motioned towards the item. It was a piece of paper. "LUSTRIA! Why do you have to get so scared for some small, silly thing like paper?! I was actually worried!" Aevum shouted. Aevum seized the paper and carefully read what was on the paper. She suddenly smiled, then grinned, and then smiled the biggest smile possible.

"What? What does it say?" Lustria asked eagerly.

Aevum put on a professional voice and said," I shall allow you to view the paper when I see fit." Lustria, the ever so determined girl she was, held her chin high.

"Hmph!" Lustria voiced, indignation clear. Aevum snickered and then handed her the paper.

"I was just joking around," Aevum claimed. Lustria read the parchment anxiously.

"We should sign!" said Aevum.

"You're such a goody-two-shoes, aren't you gonna tell Mommy about it?" Lustria teased.

"Should we?" Lustria rethought, biting her nails.

"Lustria!!! I thought I told you to stop biting your nails!" Aevum scolded.

They signed the paper and left the house, unknown to their mother, who had been doing the laundry, not that their mother cared much about where they went.