1. Last December

It's been months away from each other... but finally we are meeting, without knowing this will be the last....

(Flashback)

Last December I got a chance to fly to Paris for the first time of my life and I didn't knew it would change my whole life. Wanting to become a professional photographer isn't easy as I thought. But my third eye always search for the perfect scenery to capture and my heart yearns to explore the world of wonders someday. I didn't let my hopes fade away. Finally, that someday came for me. Here I am, standing on the most romantic place on earth.

The cheap motel, I found few miles away from the main city isn't that bad. But what I want is to get out and explore. So I grabbed my camera and stepped out to feel the beauty of the country. Taking pictures of buildings and landscapes is my passion. I tried to take pictures of people but it didn't go well as I planned.

As I start discovering new places today and capturing the moments, I found this beautiful church in the heart of the Paris city, and thought of taking some pictures of it. I stepped into the ancient church with my camera ready. There are few tourists and they seems to be fascinated by different pictures and sculptures like I am. Without knowing, my eyes traced towards the ceiling and my camera took every angle of them.

But my fascination didn't last for long. Suddenly, someone knocked me and my camera fell onto the ground separating it into tiny pieces. I didn't even look who knocked me because all I could see is a blurred vision of my broken camera. "Hey, I'm sorry, If I hurt you.." I shook my head and start collecting my precious gift which my father gave me before leaving me and mom alone in this huge world. I heard someone calling me, and helping me to collect the bits, but after collecting I walked away from the place wondering what to do next. I just lost for a moment. It's like the world is spinning around me.

I didn't know what time it is but, it's getting dark and I'm still sitting on a bench with an empty stomach watching people smiling. It's like they are mocking me for being poor, and taking risks to earn for a living and all. I heard a familiar voice behind my back and I turned around.

"Can I sit here?"

I nodded.

" I'm sorry for your loss but don't worry its just a camera. These things happen and it's really old, so you can buy another one. Mmm...... but it's my fault so I'll buy you a new one. You happy?"

For the first time I looked into his face. He's got a dashing smile and a fazzy hair, and I think I know this person for some reason.

"By the way, I'm Harry Styles."

Of course he's Harry Styles. But I am not in the mood to be the crazy fan girl right now. With that feeling my eyes start to pour little drops of tears.

" Heyyyy, It's okay, you don't need to cry or... or... scream right now." He said while patting on my back.

At last it was my time to talk. " It's not because of you..."

He was confused and looked offended. But then he smiled sincerely and asked why. " It's not you, Mr. Styles. It's my camera."

He chuckled again and looked around as he was searching for somebody and said " I promised you I 'll buy a brand new one for you. My friends are on their way, so when they arrived, we'll go shopping." He doesn't get what I really want now. A shoulder to cry.

My sigh made him turn back to me.

"It's my dad's and he passed away two years ago." I couldn't look into his eyes so I kept my gaze stuck on the ground.

"He told me to protect this as he loved it so much. All my memories bonds with it. Now it's gone. He told me never to give away my hopes while it's with me. From that day onwards I started saving money to come to Paris and to become a photographer. I got this far, but now....... I'm lost..... I need to feed my poor mom.... I need to give her a proper shelter... this was the only chance and....." I couldn't finish it.

He came closer and hugged me. For once I felt I'm back with my father, my protector.

"I didn't know that, love. Sorry. But I'm here now... so don't be afraid anymore... please stop crying now.' And his thumbs ran across my cheeks to wipe away the tears.

Harry got a text from his buddy Zayn telling that they're getting late, so not to wait for them. He showed me the text and shoved it into his pocket. 

"Mmmm... So did I just forget your name or you don't have one?"

That brought a weak smile onto my face. I wiped my palm on my coat and offered it to introduce myself. "Hi. I'm Ruth and No you didn't forget because I didn't' mention it before." He slowly took hold of my hand and shook but his gaze made me slightly uncomfortable so I asked what's wrong. He blinked his eyes and said "It's something.... Special... in your smile... I.... ammmm.... It's gorgeous.."

Though I'm not that fair as Harry, I knew my blushing is getting visibly stronger. "Mr. Styles, I need to go" without looking at him I stood up, grabbed the pieces of my camera and walked forward. Then only I realized that I don't know the way back to my motel. I have come a long way from there. It's too dark to walk alone in the streets. But then I heard someone's hand on my shoulder.

" Ruth, I have my Rover near that park, let me drop you off... Its not safe for you to walk alone."

Finally, we reached and he dropped me off but stared at the motel where I live. I know it's disgusting from outside, but It's the only place I can afford. I said thank you and walked along the path till he couldn't see me. But I saw he was cautious about my every step.

I felt I found a protector in this lost world.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Read it and tell me whether it's good or bad..... I guess it's getting longer than I thought.. so maybe another 2 more parts...

Please comment... I really like to know... Didn't check the spellings, but yea you can manage reading it...

Thanks....

PS - I edited my very first words on this chapter. Now you have a full description about their meeting... hope u enjoyed it....