24

"Jay stop" I tried to pry him off Lane.

"You little shit" He spat when I was finally able to get him off.

"Tell me something sweetheart, when we first met didn't you get the feeling that I knew you? That's because I was assigned to watch you, watch over you" Lane says holding his face where Jay had punched him.

"It sounds so stupid but I fell in love with you, with the things you did, the things you said, your beauty, I just fell in love with you. The thing was that Jay was also in love with you and he had a leg up being your best friend and all"

Lane was watching me?

Lane was in love with me?

"This dumb ass wasn't even supposed to make contact with you" Jay says still glaring at Lane.

"I couldn't help myself, I thought that if you could get to know me then you would choose me over Jay, but I guess I was wrong" He shrugged.

"Jay can you give us a minute?" I asked.

He huffed but went out the door, probably to stand in the hall but he couldn't hear because the door was too thick.

I sat down on the arm of the couch across from Lane "I'm so sorry" I shook my head.

"Why are you sorry?" 

"I can't imagine what you're going through"

I honestly couldn't think of worse torture than being in love with someone that you couldn't have. I know that Jay went through something similar with being in love with me but that's different, he was able to have me.

With the way I feel about Jay, I know there's no way I could ever be with anyone else.

"Yeah"

I sighed "It's not about you Lane, I like you. You're really cute and funny, you're a nice guy even though you pretend to be an asshole ninety percent of the time. But I think that even if we had gotten to know each other before Jay and I got together it wouldn't help, I would still be in love with him" 

Lane was silent. I wasn't sure if I was saying the right things, I wasn't sure what to say in a situation like this. I just decided that speaking the truth would be the best thing, so he would know how I truly felt about him instead of giving him some kind of false hope.

"So I never had a chance?" He finally spoke.

"Jay had a huge head start on you" I chuckled.

He smiled "So what now?"

"Now? Well, it seems that now that I'm dating Jay I'm one best friend short. I mean I still have Ronnie and of course Jay but I can't talk about Jay to Jay you know?"

He looked up at me with the same grin on his face "Are you asking to be friends sweetheart?"

I nodded "Like I said, I like you a lot but as a friend. Besides you're Jay's brother I should be friends with my boyfriend's brother"

"That whole brother thing doesn't mean much to him. He kind of hates me" 

"No, he definitely hates you. But you can work on that, I mean we're all going to be spending a lot of time together with the given situation"

I was hoping, praying that Jay wouldn't freak out about me being friends with Lane. 

"What do you say?"

"Fine sweetheart. But do me a favor?"

"Sure"

"Make your boyfriend stop glaring at me, I'm actually afraid for my life"   

I turn around to see Jay huffing and puffing like he's going to blow someone's house down "Jay, stop glaring at him"

"No, I want him out" 

"No, he's your brother, and he's my friend" 

Jay walked over to Lane and picked him out of his chair by his shirt "If you try anything, I'll split your skull"

Lane just grinned "So that's your play"

Jay rolled his eyes and I just gasped "I understood that reference!" 

"And I understood that reference"

"Yeah, you two are going to be good friends"

A/N

Soo sorry about the delay but I go on break starting Monday so over the Winter break I'll be updating both books frequently.

As always follow me:

Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr: iadorexoiya