7

As soon as we got to the park we saw Ryder and as soon as we saw Ryder the bad mood train left the station.

By that I mean that Jay was in an immediate bad mood from seeing Ryder.

Neither one if them is willing to tell us why they hate each other but it's a known fact that they do, it happened in freshman year.

Of course it's really awkward to have them fighting because Ryder is our best friend's brother, I have told Jay to man up and just apologize for whatever he did but he would just glare at me and change the subject.

The way I figure it; if Jay won't tell me what happened then it must be pretty bad.

"How long are we going to be here?" Jay whispered in my ear.

"As long as it takes to plan this prank and then I will buy you food" I nudge him in his side.

He grins, throws his arm around me, and leads us over to the bench where Ryder was "Well if it isn't beauty and her beast" Ryder smirks when he sees Jay and I.

"Why do you have to be so heinous?" Ronnie scoffs.

She was slumping down on the park bench, she had her sunglasses on her face which didn't do much to block the sun from her light brown skin. Her curly hair was messy on her face.

She had finally come down from her sugar high and she was looking tired "Let's get this done with so I can go home and take a nap"

I opened my backpack and pulled out the Big Book of Pranks so we could get started and finished. I wasn't sure what was going to happen first: Ronnie falling asleep or Jay strangles Ryder.

After we were done and set up with our plan we all stood up from the mega bench we were sitting at "I'm going to sleep" Ronnie says standing up and yawning.

She extends her arms up to Ryder as if asking him to pick her up, he sighs heavily but turns around and crouches down. Ronnie giggles and hops on her brother's back who stands up and rolls his eyes "See you later guys" Ronnie waved.

Jay and I walked back to his car "I don't want to go home Stormy" He says softly.

"You don't have to Jay-Jay" I shrug.

"Is your dad home?" He asks.

"Nah, he's probably gone at work now"

"Okay" We reached his car and he drove us back to my house where he made a big scene about him climbing up my window.

"Don't be stubborn Jay" I whined.

For some reason this day was taxing and I was tired, I wanted to lie down and possibly go to sleep "If you let me climb the window I will order pizza, Cold Stone, and we can watch Sweet Home Alabama " He crossed his arms and smirked knowing that this was an offer I could not refuse.

"Cold Stone doesn't deliver" I pointed out.

"No, but this girl who works there has a crush on me and she'll deliver it"

I shook my head "That's terrible Jay, how would you feel if some guy was using me like that because I liked him?"

His eyes immediately got darker and his body tense "I would kill him"

Now, Jay has said things like this before but there was something about this time that sent chills down my spine. It was the look in his eyes, his demeanor, the way he voice didn't crack or quiver showing no signs of amusement or joking.

I brushed off the foreign feeling, turned away, and shrugged "Well think about that next time you do something like that, instead of Cold Stone just order some Lava Cakes" I fished my keys out my bag.

What just happened may have been in my head because when I turned back he looked like the same ole Jay "Deal"

I chuckled and entered my house and locked the door behind me. I closed the blinds because I knew that I wasn't going to be coming back down here for hours. I grabbed a basket and put drinks, snacks, garbage bags, and a stack of DVD's including Sweet Home Alabama in the basket. I also grabbed some blankets and pillows before making sure the lights were off and heading upstairs.

Jay was already in my room, lying on my bed like he owned the place. He lifted his head and smiled "Hey Stormy, the pizza should be here soon do you want to put in the movie?" He asks.

"Yeah" I say taking out the movie and handing it to Jay.

"I can't believe this is your favorite movie, it's so cliché" Jay says putting the movie in the DVD player.

"No, it's beautiful" I rolled my eyes.

I had watched this move a thousand times and so had Jay because he's my best friend and I make him watch it with me. I got in bed and under the covers and Jay got in with me.

We had gone way past the whole 'Sleep on the floor like a gentlemen' thing. He get's comfortable.

"This is why you can't get a girlfriend and I can't get a boyfriend" I laugh.

"Look, if a girl can't accept the fact that this is the way I am with you or the way we are together then she's not even worth my time" He shrugs.

"Well if you have that mind set then you are never getting a girlfriend" I tease.

He doesn't say anything, he just get's this smirk on his face but before I could ask him what he was thinking about the door knocked "Damn, they came fast" He says.

"Like 911 in white neighborhoods" I added.

"Song reference?"

"Yup"

"J. Cole?"

"Yup"

"No Remodels?"

"That's why you're my best friend"

When he came back upstairs he had a lot of pizza boxes with him. I guess we ordered more food than I thought.

"How much was that?" I asked.

"Never mind. I payed so it doesn't matter" He shrugged.

We just started to eat when we heard a lot of yelling coming from outside. Jay put his pizza down and walked towards the window looking outside.

"Oh hell no" He muttered and ran out the room.

I looked out the window and saw that there was a bunch of guys with animals masks on.

Jay walked up to one of them and grabbed them by their shirt, I opened the window "Jay!" 

He looked up at me and nodded.

They ran off and Jay started to walk off "Jay!" I yelled after him.

Then I got a text: 

Jay: It's nothing. Just some guys from the football team clowning. I g2g tho. Tired af ya know?

I sat there confused.

What just happened?

A/N

I'm sorry. I had to add this because it went missing somehow...