5

After I had picked up a few things from the mall and drove back to school it was almost time for third period so I rushed into the school and to my locker "Yo Stormy" I smile at the old nickname that my best friend had given me.

"Hey Jay" I say not turning around.

"How come you ditched without me?" He asks pouting.

"Well you said that you didn't want to ditch and you also were in the middle of practice so I left, here by the way" I say tossing him his keys.

"Well they can't have practice without the quarterback" He says smirking, he's very proud of that title. He worked pretty hard for it.

"So I heard what happened in math with Mr. Gomez" He says frowning.

"Yeah and?" I ask closing my locker door.

"And that creep needs to be taught a lesson okay? You know he's always been creepy" He leans against the locker folding his arms across his chest.

"You can't punch away the worlds problems Jay" I tell him walking down the hallway.

"And you can't prank away the worlds problems Rain" He says mocking my tone, I take in a dramatic gasp.

"Yeah I know that you went to buy supplies, how would your dad feel about it?" He says knowing that my dad hates it when I get into trouble.

"He would approve because Mr. Gomez called my dad a pain in his ass" I say rolling my eyes.

"Seriously?"

"Ask Ryder and Ronnie or anyone else that was in class"

"Whoa" His eyes widen.

"Yeah but on the bright side, I got detention" I say smiling and he groans.

"Aw man, I was really looking forward to you drinking my spit" He smirked and I punched his arm.

"How in the world did I get the worlds most disgusting boy for a best friend?" I asked sticking my tongue out.

"I'm not sure but you got lucky dude" He smiles.

"Hey Jay" Ronnie calls coming up next to him in the hallway.

"Hey Ron-Ron, now I have both my favorite girls here" He says throwing one arm around me and one around Ronnie.

"How was practice?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Same as always I'm sure" I say and Jay flicks me on my head.

"I do believe that she was speaking to me Rain Storm okay?" He says and turns back to Ronnie.

"Practice was good, coach made us run drills"

"You mean suicides?" I ask correcting him and he flicks me again.

"No idiot I mean drills, suicides are for basketball players which is the exact reason I tried out for the football team instead" He rolls his eyes and lets go of Ronnie as we approach Chemistry.

"See ya after class Ron-Ron" He tells her saluting.

"Bye Ronnie" I wave walking into class.

Jay leads us to out usual work station and hands me my goggles "Why thank you sir"

"Welcome"

While we were waiting for the teacher to walk in I decided to ask Jay a question I had been dying to ask him "Why don't you have guy friends?"

He looks at me with confusion "What do you mean? I have to guys on the football team and Ryder"

"Yeah but you spend 20% of your free time with Ronnie, 20% with Ronnie and me, 57% with me and 3% with everyone else" I use my hands to make my point.

"Wow I didn't know you were charting my time, interesting" He smirks stroking his chin as if he had a beard.

"Jayson be serious" He snaps his eyes to mine at the sound of his full name.

"Look, I know that it's weird for a guy to have two best friends and both of them be girls but I love you and Ronnie and I wouldn't want to hang out with anyone else. You know me the best Stormy, you know when I'm happy or hurt or angry and I love hanging out with you" He says and I pretend to wipe away tears.

"That was truly beautiful Jay" I tease fake crying.

"I know, I try" He jokes, straightening his imaginary tie.

"Are you sure that you wouldn't want to hang out with Andy O'Donald?" I ask cocking my head to the side.

"Nah, you and Ronnie are enough for me, besides where is this even coming from?" He asks me and I shrug.

I had always had insecurities that Jay wouldn't want to be friends with me anymore because I'm a girl and I thought that one day he would ditch me with for guy friends.

"No where" I shrug again and am grateful when the teacher came in.

"Weirdo" He chuckles putting his own goggles on.

Ugh, now he's gonna bring this up some other time when it benefits him.

Great, just awesome.