10

I woke up to loud banging on the door. I jumped up and ran downstairs to open the door "Janelle!" I squealed when I saw her standing there.

"Rain!" She engulfed me in a hug.

"I swear, you look more and more like your mother every time I see you" She says when she pulled away.

I closed the door behind her "Thanks" I smiled.

People have been telling me that I look just like my mom since I was a little kid. It was so strange to hear that I looked like someone who I never met.

"So, where's that boyfriend of yours?" She asked.

"For the last time, Jay is not my boyfriend" I rolled my eyes.

Of course I was used to people thinking there was more to me and Jay than our friendship. We were so close that the most logical conclusion people come up with is that we are secretly dating because my dad hates him.

People can come up with the most crazy stories when they're bored.

"Boyfriend or not, where is he? Isn't he always attached to your hip?" 

"I guess? He has football practice today" I tell her.

"Right, you know your uncle Seth used to play football. I think he was the quarterback" She "down.

"Ugh, don't remind me" I sat next to her.

I hated talking about uncle Seth more than I needed to. He was a major asshole and I couldn't believe I was related to him.

"Did I strike a nerve? Don't worry about him kid, he's always acted like he had something stuck up his ass" She rolled her eyes.

"I'm assuming you have stories?"

"Oh yeah"

Later

 "So then he put hair dye in your mom's shampoo and turned her hair a ridiculous shade of pink. Of course a little while after that she started to dye her hair random colors. She did light pink, blue, green, and I believe purple or maybe that was Jamie..." She trailed off.

I loved when Janelle visited because she always told me the stories about my mom that my dad never would, I made sure to internalize the information so I could write it down later.

"Maybe I should dye my hair" I said feeling it.

My hair was jet black like my dad's while my mom's hair was light brown "No, your dad would kill me" She chuckled.

"My dad is gone for the week" 

"Rain..." 

"C'mon Janelle" I pleaded.

Getting out of the house sounded fun and dying my hair was just the distraction I needed today "Okay fine, but if your dad asked you did this alone" She said standing up.

I squealed and grabbed the keys off the living room table. When I opened the door I saw Ryder standing there, looking like he was going to knock.

"Hey" He smiled.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Couldn't sneak into practice today. Do you want to do something?" He said smirking.

"Who's this?" Janelle asked leaning in the doorway next to me.

"Janelle this is my friend Ryder" I introduced.

"Ah! Conflict" She shook her head and walked to the car.

"Who's she?"

"My mom's best friend" I shrugged closing the door and locking it.

"Your mom?"

"Yeah" I smiled.

"Hey Ryder, do you want to come do boring girly stuff?" Janelle asked.

"Sure" He shrugged getting in the car along with Janelle.

I sighed heavily while getting in the drivers seat. I knew that bringing Ryder along was going to bite me in the ass later when I would have to explain to Jay why I was hanging out with him. I knew that he would be upset and after what happened last night, I really just wanted to give him a break from my shit.

I started the car and headed for the mall wondering why I was stressing so badly about this.

Jay is my best friend.

That was probably just a one time incident.

I turned into the parking lot of the mall and turned to Ryder "Okay, do not kiss the mannequins please. It's embarrassing, disgusting, and unhygienic" 

"I make no promises" He says getting out of the car.

Janelle laughed and got out "You remind me of Zeke when we were younger" She says.

"That's what my dad says" I mutter.

I guess he was right.

"Then why does he hate me?" Ryder asked.

"Because of that. Zeke was a bit of a bad boy, I think it was fun back then but not something he wants for Rain. Assuming he thinks that you like her" She shrugged.

That was the thing about Janelle.

She had no respect for the unspoken topics.

"Whatever, let's just go in" I say picking up my pace through the parking lot.

"What are we here for anyway?" Ryder asked.

"Tampons" I shrugged.

He looked absolutely horrified.

"She's joking, we are here for hair dye and lots of it. As well as any other random shit we come across" Janelle reassured him.

I laughed and rolled my eyes as I entered Forever 21 for no reason other to annoy the shit out of Ryder.

"No" He muttered.

I just simply began to look at some clothes on the rack.

After a while I turn around to enjoy the look on Ryder's face only to find out that he was making out with a mannequin.

"Ryder! You promised!"

"No, I didn't"

"He really didn't"

A/N

 ANOTHER ONE!!! So happy I was able to get this update out today, I hope it makes up for me being AWOL for a while. THREE UPDATES IN ONE WEEKEND!!! I think that's a record for me.

If you haven't followed me on Instagram or Twitter then you are missing out on updates and sneak peaks! Instagram: iadorexoiya

Twitter: iadorexoiya

Do me a favor and follow if you have either :)

Hopefully I'll update later this week :)

Love ya!!!