11

We settled on dark purple. It was so dark that you would only tell it was purple in the light.

"Are we done?" Ryder whined.

"If you didn't want to come then you shouldn't have volunteered. Your name is not Katniss Everdeen" I scoffed.

We were walking back to the car. We were all exhausted from walking around that mall all day.

"So are we dropping you home?" Janelle asked.

"Yes please" Ryder sat in the back seat.

I felt heavy and dirty like I was betraying Jay by hanging out with Ryder today. Sometimes I thought I was overreacting from this thing but I knew that I had more of a loyalty to uphold with Jay than Ryder.

I drove to Ryder's house "Ronnie isn't here. I think she went to some chicks house to do a project or some shit" Ryder told me.

"Okay" I nodded.

He nodded back and the car filled with awkwardness until he finally got out "What was that?" Janelle asked.

"Nothing" I shrugged pulling out of the driveway.

When I got back home I saw none other than Jayson Dawson himself sitting on my front porch. I quickly put the car in park and turned it off "Don't break shit trying to get to your boyfriend" Janelle teases.

"Shut up" I mutter opening the car door.

I try not to rush too much to Jay as not to communicate the nervousness that I felt. Nervousness that in hind sight wasn't even necessary, he was my best friend.

"Hey Stormy" He smiled his goofy grin that's been his trademark since we were kids.

"Hello mister Dawson" I smiled giving him a hug.

"Okay you two lovebirds break it up. I'm your adult chaparone for the next two days and I say no fornicating on the front porch" Janelle says coming up next to us.

"Hey Janelle" Jay smiled.

He was always fond of Janelle "Jayson" She nodded all while smirking like a mad woman.

I unlocked the front door and let us all in "So where were you guys?" Jay asked.

Janelle responded before I could "I gave Rain the best idea of dying her hair so we went to the mall with your friend Ryder and got some"

"Ryder?" Was all Jay commented on from that sentence.

"Yeah, Janelle invited him"

"Don't pin that on me. You didn't object" She says throwing me the box of hair dye and going upstairs.

"So, you went to the mall with Ryder? No wonder he wasn't at practice begging coach to let him play" Jay scoffed.

"Like I said, Janelle invited him. What was I going to do? Rudely tell him he couldn't go and embarrass him?" I asked with my best light hearted tone of voice.

"Well if you didn't embarrass him then he would probably embarrass you. He made out with the mannequins didn't he?" He crossed his arms over his chest and smirked knowingly.

"So what if he did?"

"Rain..."

"Look Jay, we just got out of a fight. Let's not get into another one. I have this fantastic box of purple hair dye to use on myself" I held up the box trying to lighten the mood.

He sighed deeply "Fine"

I pulled him upstairs to my bathroom and began reading the instructions. I did not enlist the help of Jay with the application because I didn't want things to go horribly wrong.

About two hours later I looked in the mirror at my newly dyed hair which didn't look to much different from my old hair. Like I said; it was such a dark purple that it looked black until it was in light.

The light from the bathroom was pretty dim so it didn't fully showcase the purple but when I stepped on the front porch it was amazing.

Janelle took a lot of pictures of me and Jay with my new awesome hair.

"That doesn't look half bad" Jay comments when Janelle was finally done taking her million pictures.

"I know"

His facial expression in the moment reminded me of the strange encounter earlier "Oh! I forgot to tell you guys. So I was sitting on the front porch and then out of no where this guy just comes up to me"

"What guy?" Jay asked.

"I don't know. Some guy named Lane, he said that he just moved in the neighborhood over" I told Jay what Lane told me.

"Strange" Was the only word Jay breathed about it.

I guess he was trying to under react due to his multiple outbursts last night.

"Well, let's hope for your sake that he's cute" Janelle said.

"Kinda, I guess"

"Ah! I knew it!"

"What is attractiveness anyway? It's just math" Jay shrugged.

"Jealous!" Janelle yelled pointing in Jay's face.

"No"

"Yes, I'm going to tell everyone. In fact, I'm going to send out a fucking mass tweet saying that Jayson Dawson is jealous of some random ass dude"

"Shut up"

A/N

Hi!!!!!! I'm so glad I was able to write this so early into the weekend. It's 3:52 am on Friday morning (Saturday) and I'm so happy to have this done.

I'll try to write more over the rest of the weekend but no promises.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

I was thinking to publish this supernatural vampire/werewolf book that I've been working on.

THINKING.

I may just post the description in an authors note one time.

If you don't already and want updates and special sneak peaks, follow me on Twitter and Instagram (iadorexoiya for both) I am going to put the link to Twitter on my profile probably tomorrow.

So lately I've been getting into Pokemon. Not just Pokemon go (Although I'm a beast at that) but this Pokemon show that was on in 1997 (I know the year is important because there are a lot of different Pokemon shows coming out in different years)

IT'S ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD!!!

I'm so tired.

I'm going to go sleep...