°•2•°

We sat down at dinner in an awkward silence that made me want to stab myself with the steak knife.

"So Rain" my uncles wife Sharon starts.

Sharon is a very nice lady, she's one of the people who are making this dinner bearable.

"How's school?" She asks.

"School is ok, grades are good, got some good friends, people aren't stupid enough to try and test my patience with bullying" I look at Gwen when I say this.

"Life is good"

"What are trying to say Rain?" Uncle Seth asks and I roll my eyes.

"Not everything means something uncle Seth, sometimes people actually mean what they say not that you are particularly familiar with this process" I look over at my dad who is trying to stifle his laughter while uncle Seth just glares at me.

I glare right back as if daring that jackass to say something.

I wish you would uncle Seth.

"Hey Seth you probably need to go to the doctor" Aunt Jamie says smiling wide.

"Why?" Only Seth Jet is dumb enough to fall into that trap.

"To treat that BURN!" She burst out laughing and my dad could no longer hold back his laughter.

I allow myself to crack a smile.

"If Jo was here that girl wouldn't be so disrespectful" Uncle Seth snaps and I just sat there and waited.

I waited for someone to say something because I didn't know my mom so I couldn't speak on the matter.

"You have always hated me Seth, since the day you laid eyes on me you instantly hated my guts. And I get it, I slept with your girlfriend and I put your sister in imminent danger, I took her from you and had her move in with me and I knocked her up" my dad stands up with his champagne glass in his hand.

It seemed like everyone stopped breathing except for me because I have been waiting for this moment since I was ten years old.

"This sixteen year old girl sitting across from you is my daughter, she has my last name yes but she's also a piece of Joey."

"More than a piece, she's a lot like Jo, she has a lot of the same interests and she looks a lot like her" Aunt Jamie adds.

"I can see that Jamie" Seth snaps.

"Be nice Seth" Sharon scolds.

"My point is this: Blake asked me on her deathbed to make sure that her siblings were in Rains life but she also asked me to do what's
best for her and you aren't right now" I couldn't hide my smile.

"Are you serious?" Uncle Seth says obviously taken aback.

"You heard me Sethers" My dad says taking a nonchalant sip from his champagne glass.

"What did you expect Seth?" Aunt Jamie asks shrugging her shoulders.

"Jo wouldn't want this" uncle Seth tries to defend.

"Actually the night that we told you and your mom she asked me if it was best to keep you two out of our lives"

"Your lying" uncle Seth shook his head.

"Nope now I would appreciate it if you and your bitchy ass daughter get the hell out of my house, Sharon you are welcome to stay" Let me just say how much I am loving my dad right now.

So fracking much.

"I'm going to go do my homework" I declare and get up from the table savoring the look on uncle Seth's face as I leave.