17

When I got in the house Janelle was already gone, she had left me a note saying that she couldn't wait for me to come back and had to leave. I was glad she already left so I wouldn't have to lie to her.

I go upstairs and grab my suitcases, I put some clothes, shoes, and other stuff I couldn't live without and brought it all out to the car. Jay put my bags in the back and rushed me in the car.

"Put this on" He gave me a hat.

"Why?"

"Just to keep everything low key" He says.

I put it on and take in a big sigh "Look, I'm sorry about what you saw and I'm sorry about what's going to happen"

At first I nodded, ready to accept his apology but then I caught the last part "What's going to happen?" I asked.

"You have to go into hiding. Don't worry, I'll go with you but what did you think? They came to your house twice looking for you, you aren't safe" He tells me.

I decide that silence is the best thing for me at that point. I didn't like what he was saying, I didn't want to drop my whole life for something that wasn't even my fault. This whole thing started before I was even born, it had nothing to do with me yet I was the one being punished for it.

At the same time I guess I was being selfish. Jay was also giving up his life but maybe he was happy to. Maybe he was happy to get away from his father and all the things that made his life hard.

"We're here" He says pulling into a parking lot.

I look around me and we were at the airport. He gets out of the car gets the bags out of the car "Let's go" He says.

I get out and follow him through the lengthy process of customs and getting on the plane. We sat next to each other in first class.

"You've never been on a plane before have you?" He asks grinning from ear to ear.

I shook my head in response but kept silent. The way he was smiling at me made me realize that I was possible being ridiculous, ignoring him like I was.

"I'm not sorry for what I did, I'll never apologize for that but I am sorry that you had to see it" He held my hand.

I hesitated before responding "I love you" I gasped and held my hand over my mouth.

I meant to tell him that I forgave him but that just came out. I wanted to take it back but that would be bad so I just waited for his response.

"I know Stormy" He smiled but it was strange.

He was smiling but his eyes were sad. I realized that he thought that I was talking about friend love.

"I know that you had to do what you had to do Jay. I'm not mad anymore" I told him.

I would explain about the love thing but I figured I would save that conversation for another time. 

"You should go to sleep, we'll be there soon" He tells me.

I nodded and rested my head on his shoulders. I had no idea where we were going or how long it would take to get there but I did know that I was tired.

This day was as taxing as any day could be.

A/N

I feel like I say this every time but I'm sorry it took so long and I'm sorry it's so short but the next one will be longer promise :) Lot's of material to cover lol.

For updates, new covers, and other cool stuff follow me on Instagram and Twitter (iadorexoiya for both) my Instagram is private but I will approve :)