not for me

think back think back think back think back

of a time when poetry drew you a picture >>

a time when you were happy and believed in.

like now, you're only a fable tossed aside because

somebody grew up.

think back to your starlit daydreams and romance on the moon.

think back and feel what that old memory does to you.

think back and know that it's not for me.

that poetry is now belonging to a new fairytale

and you will learn to live with it.

***

a/n.
love sucks. but you know what's awesome? getting over people. it's so great. so refreshing. so happy. letting go of something or someone that hurt you is necessary for happiness. and that is really important. just remember that. i've let go. i've moved on. i truly believe i have. and that's a great feeling. keep believing in letting go + refreshing your heart. it's necessary. it's so much more beautiful than letting yourself fall apart because someone hurt you. pain can be felt >> please feel all that you need to. that is also necessary. but when the time comes, (and you decide when that may be), then let it. let it sink into the ground and disappear forever. because who knows what the future holds? i can't say. but i can tell you that poisonous people & lingering pain are not a part of the future. that's part of the past. so let it be.

(that doesn't mean you have to be happy for anyone >> be happy for yourself. you can still dislike those people that hurt you, and still be happy for yourself. that is possible.)

xoxo,
ingrid.

stay strong if you're fighting the battle of love + pain. it will get better. and i am here if you ever need to vent. remember that.