Chapter 13 (Doorway to heaven)

Start from the beginning

Finn and the other angel cupped their ears to the door and waited. Then, they heard loud snoring coming from inside the house.

The mystery angel chuckled, “I’m Adam, by the way,” he held out his hand.

Finn shook Adam’s hand and introduced himself. “I’m Finn.”

“OH!! You’re the one Martin was all bragging about….”

“Um…”Before Finn could finish his sentence, the door opened and Martin, a middle-aged man with brown and gray hair stood in the doorway. Martin looked the same as the last time Finn saw him.

“Hey,” Martin said sleepily to Adam. Then he turned to Finn and his eyes opened in shock. “Finn? You came?”

“I’m surprised that you still remember me after all these years.” Finn smiled sheepishly.

“You’re the only half-breed I was lucky enough to teach! How can I NOT remember you?”

Finn grinned.

“You’ve met Adam, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Good, why don’t you two come inside?” Martin suggested.

Finn and Adam followed Martin into his big living. Martin sat on a comfy couch across from him.

“So Finn, what brings you here? I thought you were living your sweet life on earth.” Martin asked, raising his eyebrows.

“I need to ask you something.” Finn answered.  “It’s really important.”

 “You didn’t use your supernatural connection device….. Meaning you missed me, you wanted to come and visit in person!!!!” Said Martin.

Finn sighed. Martin is still so in love with himself. “What do you do when you get shot at by demon bullets?”

“Well, hope for the best, dig a grave, just in case.” answered Martin nervously.

“Any other ideas?” asked Finn.

“Maybe there is one more way for this poor angel,” Martin sighed.

“What is it?” Finn asked hopefully.

“You have to find Alexander, the legendary second generation half breed. Give his blood to your little friend. Your chances though…. are slim to none.”

Finn stared at Martin.

“Stop staring! It’s creeping me out!” said Martin. “Oh right! Speaking of creeping people out, how’s Zack?”

“He’s uh, good. Although I think he gained a few more pounds since you last saw him.”

“He’s still into pies?” laughed Martin.

“How did you guess?” smiled Finn. “Now back to my issue, where would I find Alexander?”

“Jeez, Finn, haven’t I taught you anything? Alexander does NOT want to be found! He’s been M.I.A before you were even borne.” Martin pinched the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb, as if he was trying to stop a headache.

“Please help my friend.” Finn pleaded.

“I’m sorry,” Martin apologized. “There’s not much I can do. It all depends on Alexander…”

Martin leaded close to Finn’s ear and whispered: “I hear Alexander’s been waiting for the right person who can offer him something that he doesn’t have. That would be the only reason for him to sacrifice his blood and help them.”

 Finn nodded. “Thanks.”

Adam suddenly got up and said: “Martin, Finn, I have a friend who’s been studying about Alexander. I remember that he once told me that Alexander had a obvious characteristic.”

“Why would that be?” asked Finn and Martin.

“Ever since Alexander celebrated his 18th birthday like in the human world, he’s been wearing a mask. We don’t really know what kind of mask, but no one was able to take it off. So no one actually saw how he really looked like in person, except his parents…. Who obviously died a LONG time ago.”

“Thanks, I’ll take note of that.” Said Finn.

The three chatted a bit more about Martin’s other students when Finn decided to leave. He said bye to Adam and Martin and left the house. He walked to the heaven and earth borders to wait for Derek to finish his shift.

Finn and Derek talked for a little bit about Alexander, it turned out that Derek actually know that a mysterious immortal showed up in Asia a few centuries ago. He was wearing a mask and we don’t know if he is really Alexander.