Chapter 28

*IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END*

In this chapter you get to read a little more into Marco's past, it's sad.

O R T I Z

I huffed as I walked into the building. The apartment like complex on Enzo's land that all of the guards stayed in.

I had a small pine tree behind me. No one saw me, everyone was either working or sleeping.

I started the trek to Marco and I's room with the tree dragging behind me on the floor.

You might be wondering why I'm dragging a tree to my building. That's because for Marco and I's first Christmas together as a couple, I am going to try and make it the best Christmas for him. I was just praying he celebrated.

Once I had gotten the tree in a pot I had found in the barn behind the house, I pulled out a bag of ornaments I bought at the store on my day off.

I wrapped a strand of lights around the tree and placed the small package of ornaments I had bought on the tree. Once I was finished I laid down on our bed, Marco was about to get home, I had worked all night and was supposed to be sleeping but I decided to get the tree since it was already ten days into December.

I had started to fall asleep when I heard the door unlock and Marco walk in.

I got up out of the bed and met Marco in the small living room attached to the kitchen and dinning room. The tree was by the couch, the only piece of furniture in the room.

"What is this?" Marco asked a little surprised.

"It's a Christmas tree." I smiled leaning against the door frame.

"Did you get sleep?" Marco asked, not showing a bit of emotion.

"No. I hope you don't mind, I just really wanted our first Christmas together to be memorable."

Marco was silent as he walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight.

"I take it you like it." I chuckled.

"I love you." He said lightly, "I haven't seen a Christmas tree since I was five."

I peppered the side of his head with kisses.

"I just feel bad that you didn't get to sleep." He said.

"Well it's fine because I don't work tonight." I smiled, pecking his lips, "So I can still eat dinner with you and go to sleep with you."

"You need to sleep, Ortiz." Marco said.

"But I want to eat with you."

"Go to sleep Ortiz."

I sighed but disappeared into the bedroom after a quick peck to his lips. I was so tired so as soon as my head hit the pillow I was asleep.

M A R C O

I was honestly surprised when I walked in and saw the small decorated Christmas tree. I was instantly thrown into a flashback.

It was before my sister was born and before my dad started abusing me.

"Marco, sweetie." My mom lightly shook me awake. She was pregnant with my little sister then, her belly obvious in her light pink night gown, "Don't you want to see what you got for Christmas?" She asked and I rubbed my eyes before getting out of bed.

I followed her downstairs to the living room where my father was waiting on the couch, presents underneath the decorated Christmas tree.

I sat down at my dads feet, "Good morning." He smiled, squeezing my shoulder as my mom passed out the presents. Three for me, two for dad and two for her.