Chapter 2

Picture of Tim Borrmann, who I picture as Liam.

L I A M

Enzo would be gone today so I technically had the house to myself. Unless you count the maids and chefs.

I woke up and went down stairs to find a plate of food and a note beside it.

I will be back before dinner, don't break anything and don't try to leave, you won't get very far. Enjoy your time alone.

~Enzo

I placed the note back on the table and began eating my breakfast.

After I ate I took my plate to the kitchen and began washing it without a second thought.

One of the maids, probably in her late twenties or early thirties, came in and gasped, "No, no, no. Master Liam, why didn't you come get me? This is my work."

"It's okay. And just call me Liam, I'm not your Master."

She nodded, "As you wish, sir."

She took my place and finished the dishes. I went to the library and read for a while until I decided I wanted to play the piano.

I played until I ran out of songs from memory. I found that the piano bench could open and was amazed to see all the sheet music. Bach, Chopin, Bethoven, and many more.

I pulled out sheet music for Claire De Lune by Claude Debussy. I set it up and began playing moving with the music once I got the hang of it.

As I played the final notes I decided that this would be my new favorite. It was such and elegant and addicting master piece. I couldn't help but play it again, this time without the slight pauses as I learned where my fingers would go.

I learned a few more songs and I played and played until I felt some one gently touch my shoudler.

I jumped and turned to see the maid from earlier.

"Oh! My apologies Liam." She jumped back, "I didn't mean to scare you. That was very beautiful."

"Thank you." I said as my heart rate slowed.

"You must be starving." She said, "I'm sorry I didn't come earlier."

"What time is it?"

"Three, Master Enzo should be back around five. If your hungry I can have the chefs prepare a light snack for you."

"Thank you..." I broke off waiting for her to give me her name.

"Nina." She smiled lightly.

"I think I'll just wait for Enzo."

"Okay." She said and turned to walked away.

I turned back and continued to play the piano. Until I stopped and put an old record on the turntable.

It was like a ballroom dance record. So I twirled around until I spun right into someones arms.

I looked up to see Enzo, "Well that was kind of embarrassing." I said as I pulled away slightly, heat rushing to my cheeks.

"Your not so bad dancing by your self." He smiled, "Dance with me?"

"Um, I don't know."

I tried to back away but he placed his hand on the small of my back and pressed me against him as he began dancing, me being forced to follow.

It was very awkward at first, thanks to me. But after a few moments I realized that I was not escaping so I might as well go along.

"How was your day?" He asked, whispering in my ear.

"Uneventful." I replied simply.

When the song ended he dipped me, which I was totally not expecting.

He was inches from my face, eyes boring into mine. I looked away and got up.

"Sorry." He smiled.

"No your not." I gave him a pointed look.

"Your right."

I shook my head and plopped down on the couch, the record player was still playing music.

"What did you do when you left?"

"That's confidential." He said, serious again.

"Of course, something to do with your mafia shit right." I looked over and he glared.

"Sorry! It just came out." I apologized.

He rolled his eyes, "Are you hungry? Dinners ready."

I got up and followed him to the dinning room.

The rest of the day went on with Enzo and I making small talk and me making a joke every now and again.

It wasn't so bad.

I'm sorry for the wait! Hope you enjoyed.

~Beatrice