Chapter 14

Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes.

E N Z O

I didn't know I had fallen asleep until I heard my phone ringing.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I sat up and pulled out my phone and answered.

"Sir, we got the second De Angelis son. Antonio wasn't there. We are on our way back, where would you like us to keep his son?"

"Keep him in the cellar in the woods. I don't want him near the house."

"Yes, sir." Carlos said.

"Were there any deaths?"

"No, sir, but Ortiz was hurt pretty bad. We are just trying to keep him alive until I get back to you. Do you think you can have someone ready to help?"

"I'll have someone. Be careful, Ortiz is your main priority right now."

"Yes, sir." He said and I hung up.

I dialed Dr. Mettio's number. He answered quickly, "Is something wrong with Liam?" He asked, concern in his words.

"No, it's one of my men. I need to you get here as quick as possible."

"Of course, I'll be right over." He said and I hung up.

I looked over at my sleeping Liam and couldn't help but smile. I'd love to just stay there and lay with him, but I had things to do and people to kill.

* * *

It didn't take long for Dr. Mettio to arrive and we just had to wait fifteen minutes for half of my men to arrive with a dying Ortiz.

Dr. Mettio acted fast. He ordered my men to carefully carry him in and set him on the covered couch.

Ortiz looked like Liam the day he was shot. A thick layer of sweat coating his face and bare torso. His face was drained of color and his lips dry. His head lulling back and forth from the pain, his eyes closed tight.

Ortiz had been shot on his left side, the bullet going clean through him.

Dr. Mettio got to work stopping the bleeding and closing up the wound, but not before doing his best to numb the area as quickly as possible.

I could see Marco from the corner of my eye, looking extremely nervous under the tough aura he tried to keep.

I walked up to him and gently squeezed his shoulder, he looked up at me, "He's going to be fine." I offered.

He nodded, not able to say much in fear of falling apart.

Ortiz's nonstop grunts, groans and light screams in pain stressed Marco out even more. I knew they were close but I didn't know if their relationship was on the verge of being anything more than friendship or if it had already sprung into something more.

Carlos had just gotten off the phone with someone and looked to me, "His son is in the chambers. Would you like to go there now?"

"Yes, prepare a vehicle." I said and he walked out.

By then Ortiz was bandaged up and sleeping. Mr. Mettio had given him pain meds.

I never allowed injured men inside my house but Ortiz was another story, Liam had grown a friendship with them and I knew he would be destroyed if he died and he would blame it on me.

So Oritz would have to stay in the house until he was healed.

"Marco, you go upstairs and be in there until Liam wakes up."