Chapter 4

Sorry for any grammar or spelling errors.

Long chapter.

L I A M

I had gone three days talking as little as possible to Enzo. Ever since I found out about this arranged marriage from someone I didn't know existed.

Niccolo left soon after I disappeared into my room and Enzo and I only exchanged few words when we ate dinner together like we did every night.

I was eating breakfast, trying to finish it before Enzo came out of his office to join me, but I was too late.

He walked out and took his seat across from me and started eating his specially prepared Italian breakfast, "You need to change after breakfast."

"Why?" I asked, taking a bite of my toast.

"We are going to town." He said simply.

My eyes widened as I gently set my fork to the side, "Are you serious? I haven't even gone out side since I got here."

"I am aware of this, we are going out to get suits for the wedding and also some more clothes for you. I figure it's about time you get some clothes you like as we prepare for our wedding."

Even at the mention of the dreaded wedding, the idea of getting out of the house made me so happy.

I finished my food and rushed up stairs to change into a pair of jeans and a shirt, one of the few articles of clothing that had been provided for me when I got here.

I rushed down stairs and instantly groaned when I saw he had half of his Italian breakfast casserole left, "Hurry up."

I saw him look at me and for a second I thought I was in trouble but then I saw a shadow of a smile on his face as he stood up after wiping his face and setting his fork down.

He walked past me into the living room and opened the closest to pull out a coat, "Wear this, it is cold out." He said holding it open so I could slide into it. I was about to protest and tell him I could do it my self but that would just be a waste of time.

I slid into it and waited to follow Enzo. He walked to the entrance hall and nodded to the two guards that stood there, they opened the huge french doors and Enzo and I walked out into the cold winter air.

As we walked out I saw that there were two guards on the other side of the doors, standing at attention as we walked by. Enzo placed his hand on the small of my back as we walked across the porch and down the stairs to the black sports car that sat running, waiting for the two of us.

A man stepped out from the drivers seat and spoke, "Good morning, Mr. Di Mercurio, Liam." I could see the his breath in the cold air as he spoke and held open the door for us.

Enzo nodded as he let me slide in first and then him. I didn't realize how cold my face had gotten until the warm air from the a/c thawed it.

The driver got in and started driving, already knowing where to go.

I was looking out the window, there was nothing to really look at though, just trees, lots and lots of trees.

"Where would you like to get married?" He asked suddenly.

I looked at him and thought about not answering but then I decided I might as well tell him, "I've always wanted to get married in the forest, as cliche as that sounds."

He nodded, "Then that is were we will marry." 

My eyes widened, "I was a little vague, don't you think? There are a lot of forests."