Chapter 17

Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes.

L I A M

It had been a week since Enzo killed Antonio De Angelis. A week since Ortiz got hurt. A week since Enzo almost got blown up for me.

Enzo was 'healed' now. He used his neck like it was perfectly fine but I knew it wasn't fully healed yet. His small cuts were gone and my shoulder was fully healed so I could use crutches without hurting myself. Which meant I was disappearing into the library to play the piano or going outside to the garden without help.

Ortiz, though against Marco's wishes, was already moving around in bed, and walking around with some help.

I was currently sitting at the dinning room table, Enzo across from me, Marco and Ortiz on either side of me. I had convinced Enzo to let them stay in the mansion until Ortiz was fully healed.

We were eating another Italian dish which I didn't know the name of. It was really good though.

"My father and brother will be coming by later today." Enzo said out of nowhere.

I looked at him, "Why do you always tell me these things at the last minute?"

"So you won't be stressing until they get here." He said simply, taking another bite of the pasta.

I rolled my eyes, continuing to eat in silence.

"Would you like us to go back to the guards living quarters while your family is here?" Ortiz asked.

"No, it's fine. I just ask that you stay in your room while my father is here."

"Yes, sir." He answered before finishing his food, "Thank you for the meal."

Enzo nodded and dismissed them.

Once I had finished my meal I looked at Enzo, "Can I got into the library and play the piano?"

He nodded, standing up and handing me my crutches.

We walked into the library and Enzo helped me sit down on the piano bench then sat down on the couch behind me to listen to me play.

 I don't know how long I had been playing, I just know that I had a heart attack when I finished a song and a voice other than Enzo was complementing me.

"I didn't know you could play. You are very talented." I turned to see Osvaldo and Niccolo, standing beside Enzo, who was smiling at me.

  "Thank you." I offered a smile.

"I heard what happened and so I thought I'd stop by and check on the both of you." Enzo's father said.

"Why did Niccolo come?" Enzo questioned.

"Is it not okay for me to be a concerned brother and come check on you and your husband?" He asked defensibly.

Enzo narrowed his eyes at him, "What do you want?" 

Their father got straight to the point, "Niccolo needs to stay here for a few weeks. I'm going out of town and I do not trust him in my home all alone, my maids cannot control him."

Enzo shook his head, "No way. Have him stay with nonna e nonno (grandma and grandpa.)"

"Enzo, they are too old to be babysitting your crazy brother. He's staying here and that's final." He said sternly.

Enzo's jaw ticked, as he looked at his grinning brother, "If you screw one of my maids I'll kill you." 

"Oh whatever, you'll only care if I get them pregnant."