Chapter 23

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

L I A M

"Come on Liam, you're not going to hurt me." Enzo sighed, "Punch my hand, it's protected."

Enzo stood in front of me, a round pad like glove protecting his hand.

I got in the right stance and threw the punch, "Liam, how do you expect to hurt someone with that?" Enzo sounded irritated, "You're not going to hurt me. Punch me like you punch the bag."

I huffed and got in position again. This time I didn't hold back and Enzo smiled, "Yes. Now punch with your other hand like we practiced."

So I did until Enzo and I were satisfied, "Now you are going to dodge me ever set of punches. So punch with your right." He instructed and I did, "Now left." I did, "Now duck." He said and I did as his hand came out almost hitting me if I would have gone down sooner.

"Start out slow until your get the hang of it." He said and I did.

Right... Left... Dodge...

Right.. Left.. Dodge..

Right. Left. Dodge.

Right. Left. Dodge.

Right, left, dodge.

Right, left, d-

I was too slow and the mat on Enzo's hand smacked right against the side of my head, fairly hard. My ear rang slightly and my jaw popped.

I righted myself, the ringing dying down as I faced Enzo, he was back in position so I did the same going again, starting faster now.

After the first few more I was hit on the other side of my face. I huffed and looked up, Enzo was smiling.

I scoffed and got in position again without words. I lasted a little longer before I was hit again but Enzo didn't wait for me to get back uo before I was hit again.

I took a step back, hoping to get a break but he took a step forward, continuing. I was quick to go back into the drill. Right. Left. Dodge.

Until I was hit and Enzo didn't stop, "Enzo, enough." I groaned, my muscles ached, my hands hurt and I was panting, sweat coating my body.

He didn't stop and I groaned, "Enzo." I said a little louder. Nothing.

I stuck my hands up to block him and step out if the ring, but he kept at his advances.

"Enzo!" I yelled and my hand shot out fast and hard until it connected with something. I heard Enzo groan and he stopped.

I fell to the floor and looked up at him, he was holding his stomach, "I think I'm going to puke." He smiled at me, "That was good."

I panted on the floor, "Fuck you."

"Language." He scolded.

"I'm too tired to care." I sighed.

"Come on, get up." He encouraged, standing up straight and offering me a hand.

I took it and winced when he squeezed it to pull me up. I wrapped my arms around him holding on tight when my leg screamed at me.

Today was a bad day for my leg.

"What's wrong?" He asked rubbing my back, the mittens gone.

"My leg hurts. Everything hurts. I'm tired Enzo." I sighed deflating in his arms.

Even though he was sweating just as much as I was, he still smelled really good.

I rested my head on his shoulder as i wrapped my legs around his waist so he could carry me.