Chapter 11

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

L I A M

We had just gotten back from our honeymoon, the fun, relaxing week away was very enjoyable and I was looking forward to doing it again. We had just gotten to his private airport in the morning when it took a turn for the worse.

Everything was normal, the car was waiting for us, there were two guards at every entrance and exit to the plane and car, which was just across the landing strip.

I had just woken up from the nap I had taken the whole way home so Enzo offered me his hand to help me up. I took it and rubbed my eyes again, stretching one last time to wake myself up.

"Did you have a nice nap?" Enzo smiled.

I nodded, returning the smile. We walked off the plane and started the trek to the car when it happened.

I never heard anything, I felt a sting on my left shoulder, it never really hurt until I felt the second bullet pierce the skin of my right thigh, lodging itself painfully in my leg. I let out yell in pain the fell into Enzo, who was on my right, as my leg gave up on me.

Enzo instantly caught me and looked down at my leg then yelled orderes, the guards at the plane immediately ran over to us, creating a shield as the ones at the car drew their guns and anxiously looked around for the shooter.

Enzo slid his arms under the bend of my knee and my back, "You're going to be fine." Enzo whispered to me and kissed my temple.

My face was scrunched up in pain and I could feel tears well up in my eyes as I held onto my bleeding leg, my shoulder only slightly stinging compared to the awful pain that flared from my leg.

"Fuck." I breathed, squeezing Enzo with the arm I had wrapped around him for support as he carried me.

They began walking to the car and that is when I started to hear gunshots, I had no idea who was shooting and I wouldn't open my eyes to see.

I heard the car door open and then I felt the soft cushion as Enzo set me down, "To the hospital, now!" Enzo yelled.

I opened my eyes and screamed as I felt pressure against my leg. My eyes darted to Enzo, who was now shirtless and pressing his crumbled white shirt to my leg. He was sitting at my feet, angled awkwardly to apply pressure to the hole in my thigh.

"I'm sorry, baby. I have to do this until we get to a hospital."

"Don't call me that." I said through clenched teeth.

He let out a chuckled, "You're going to be fine." But even as he said it, he looked worried.

I leaned my head against the seat, trying to control my ragged breathing from the pain.

It felt like hours before we got to the hospital, I felt a sweat growing on my face and I know my face was drained of all color. I felt so tired, even with the nap I had just had. I know it had taken at least thirty minutes to get into town from landing strip, I didn't know where the closest hospital was so I didn't know how long I had been slowly bleeding out in the car.

"Liam, listen to me. Open your eyes." Enzo said sternly.

My eyes fluttered open, "I'm tired, Enzo."

"I know, I know. Just listen to my voice, keep your eyes open. Look at me." I managed to keep my eyes open and looked at Enzo. He flung open the door and picked me up out of the car, running through the sliding doors to the emergency room.

I got a glance behind Enzo and saw at least four guards following us into the hospital, or maybe there were just two.

As soon as we walked in I heard gasps and Enzo yell for someone to help.