Chapter 24

Song is If I Get High by Nothing By Thieves. I don't think it goes with the chapter, I just really like the song :)

Like always, sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

L I A M

Enzo had been gone for three days and would be on his way home the next. I kind of, no, really, missed him, though I acted like I didn't.

Osvaldo came over everyday at the same time, in between breakfast and lunch, requesting I play the piano before lunch, which I did. And every day at the dinning room table, he would tell me a story about his late wife or Enzo and Niccolo. I enjoyed those stories a lot.

But on the third day, we had just finished lunch and Osvaldo was in the middle of his story when Marco and Ortiz rushed into the room.

"Mr. Di Mercurio, you and Liam need to get into the safe room. There is someone on the property, he is seen as a threat. Take this with you just in case." Ortiz said, handing Osvaldo a hand gun which he pulled from his waistband.

Osvaldo nodded and walked me to the safe room, but not before I gathered Oliver, Callie and the kittens.

Once we got settled down in the safe room Osvaldo continued his story, as if our lives weren't endanger.

He noticed my discomfort stopped, "Liam, you will be safe in here, so listen to the rest of the story." He said. I knew he was trying to get my mind off of the fact that someone was trying to kill me and get their ten million dollars, but I didn't truly feel safe unless Enzo was with me.

I sighed and ran my hand down Oliver's back. Callie was curled up with Osvaldo and he finished his story. Simba batted at the string of my hoodie and Minx and Luna played with each other and Bella was curled up sleeping in Osvaldo's lap.

After he finished his story his phone went off. He pulled it out and answered.

"...Calm down, he's fine." Osvaldo said, I was assuming it was Enzo on the phone, "Would you like to talk to Enzo?" He asked after a few short words with his son.

I nodded, "Yes, please." and he handed me the phone and I placed it to my ear, "Liam?" His voice was soft and calming.

"Please tell me your coming home early." I said lightly, trying not to sound scared.

"I'm afraid not love, there's a few more things that have to be done before your safe. I'll be home as soon as I can, my father, Ortiz and Marco won't let anything happen to you. Trust them like you trust me." He was asking for the impossible.

"But-" I was cut off by faint popping sounds that I could hear just outside the walls.

I looked over at Osvaldo and he held a finger to his lips.

"I've got to go." I whispered.

"Call me as soon as you can." He said and I hung up.

I hushed Oliver who was growling deeply at the unidentified sound.

We waited, staying painfully quiet.

I jumped at the loud banging on the door.

"It's Ortiz." He said through the thick door.

Osvaldo waited to open the door until Ortiz said, "The threat had been neutralized. Liam is safe." I realized then that it was their pass code, to make sure there was no threat on the other side of the door with Ortiz. But Osvaldo kept his gun raised as he opened the door.

Once we saw it was just a beaten Ortiz and Marco he lowered his gun.

"Who was it?" Osvaldo asked.