Chapter 3

L I A M

I woke up to shouting.

I let out a groan as I stretched and rubbed the sleep from my eyes after covering my head with the pillow didn't mute the annoying shouts. It sounded like it was right outside my door.

I reluctantly got out of bed and walked to my door, swinging it open, not in the mood to be woken up so early in the morning. I had just found my routine after being here for three weeks. 

It wasn't something I was exactly fond of, but I would have to make the most of it since I wasn't getting out of it any time soon.

But that was all thrown out of wack thanks to whoever was yelling outside my door.

When I opened the door Enzo turned to me, that usual emotionless expression gone and replaced with a look of pure rage.

The man in front of him shared the same look, they looks softening as they looked over.

Before I could say anything I saw their eyes travel my body and I realized I had slept in just my boxers that night, making me feel very insecure under their harsh gazes. But even with the light blush spreading across my exposed body I held myself as high as I could, "Could you take this argument somewhere else, please. I'm trying to get some sleep." I said, my voice rough from sleep.

Enzo's eyes turned to slits and I tried to process what I had done wrong. Even if I did do something wrong, he ever punished me, instead his arguing guest spoke, "So this is the one papa promised you." He seemed to be my age or a little older and almost identical to Enzo.

"Niccolo, why are you still here?" Enzo sighed, frustrated.

"Aren't you happy to see me, fratello (brother)? What has it been, nine... ten years?" He smirked.

Fratello, what does that mean? Are they brothers? Why haven't they seen each other in so long?

"It's not my fault you got caught." Enzo said, fixing the cuffs of his suit, which he always seemed to be wearing.

Enzo went to grab Niccolo but I spoke, "Who is he?" I asked Enzo.

"Go back to sleep, Liam." Enzo growled out.

I thought about protesting, I was already awake, there was no way I could go back to sleep now. But the tone of his voice and the look he sent back made me disappear into my room.

I decided to put some clothes on and finish reading a book I had got from the library the day before. I had spent about half an hour reading that when my stomach decided to growl. I had forgotten about dinner the previous night and had fallen asleep while reading. Enzo woke me up but I was too tired to eat, I had woken up early the previous day as well, causing my tiredness.

I set the book on my night stand and got up to go down stairs for breakfast, hopefully something was made, if not I could make something.

I opened the door and began to walk down stair, I heard voices coming from the living room as I passed by, hoping Enzo wouldn't see me and get mad.

I walked into the dinning room and there was a plate covered in a silver cover, like always. I removed it, letting out a pleased sigh as I let the wonderful smell of bacon invade my senses. 

I sat down in front of the eggs and bacon and dug in, trying to make as little noise as possible, so they wouldn't know I was down here. I was able to pick up their conversation if I was quiet enough.

"Why didn't I get him?" I heard Niccolo say.

Was he talking about me.

"I was born first, and after the decisions you made, even after papa offered to protect you, it's no wonder he doesn't trust you."

"It's not like I did anything to extreme and that was ten years ago." 

"Yeah, that's also ten years you've spent in prison, Niccolo. Because you went behind papa's back and did what he told you not to do. It was your choice to kill those people, no one made you do it, so why did you."

There was a long pause before I heard the answer, "I was eleven and desperately wanted to be accepted by our father, who praised you more than anything. I know you never realized, you were always too busy in your own world, but papa never loved me like he loved you, so I figured if I killed his next targets, he'd finally love me like he loved you." 

They were definitely brothers and I was learning a lot from ease dropping but I also felt awful for listening in on something so personal about someone I don't even know. 

"All this time and you still haven't really told me why you are here." Enzo spoke, breaking the tense silence.

"I got in touch with papa, he wanted me to tell you that he would be here in a month, for the wedding."

I felt the fork slip from my hands and before it was to late, the deafening sound of silver on glass echoed theough the room and I'm sure the living room.

"Liam?" I heard Enzo's voice, much closer.

I turned and he stood at the enterance to the dinning room, black expression back on.

"Wedding?" I asked before anything else.

"You will be marring me, next month. You know this, you are mine, Liam, we have to make that official soon."

"This is outrageous, you never said anything about marriage." I said, stabding and turning fully towards him.

"I thought you were smart enough to figure it out."

"I don't love you, why should I have to marry someone I don't love?" I asked, on the verge of yelling, not carring if Enzo got mad.

"You will learn to love me, Liam, I know you've already grown fond of me, it won't take to much linger for you to love me."

I glared, "But what about you, you don't love me, why would you want to marry me when you don't live me and you could have any one else?"

He took two long steps towards me, trapping me against the table, "Who said I didn't love you?" He whispered in my ear, making me freeze.

"You don't know me." I breathed out, "How could you love me?"

I felt him place a kiss in my ear then on my neck.

I placed my hands on his shoulders, looking directly at him to stop him, "Don't."

He only smirked and backed away, "In time, Liam. You will see. You belong to me." He walked out and I grumbled.

"Poetic bastard."

How could he not have mentioned this sooner, why was his brother, who I had no idea about, the way I found out about my wedding?

I sighed and headed up stairs, suddenly not so hungry.