Is this girl normal???

Gingerly, Kanwal also sat down on a sofa away from her.

"What did you mean by you are Ahad's daughter? You just called him Bhai, didn't you?" Asked Kanwal.

"Ahad Bhai adopted me a few months ago. He is my guardian now."

"So, you live here?" Shahina shook her head in negative.

"Then where do you live?"

"With Moosa Bhai and others in the main house."

"Oh! You know Moosa too?" Shahina nodded in affirmative.

"Who else lives in there?" Kanwal asked without thinking.

"Moosa Bhai, Amma-bi, Owais Bhai, Bo-... I mean Yawar Bhai, me and other people. And sometimes Nats Api comes to stay too."

"And who lives here with Ahad?"

"Nats Api said he lives here alone." She said before going silent again, looking at her hands on her lap.

What's with this girl??? She talks like a sane person, but...

"You are going to live here from now on?"

"NO." She denied abruptly, "Ahad Bhai said that he will take me back home at night."

"So what's the purpose of you coming here?"

"He said he wants to introduce us and... you are missing your sister."

On Shahina's explanation, Kanwal went silent. She wasn't expecting this. To her, if Ahad would let her speak to her family even for a few minutes, it would've been better than this. But considering the generosity of the timid looking girl, Kanwal stopped herself from making any bitter comments.

"So... you are Moosa's sister?" Shahina shook her head in negative.

"Then?"

"I - I....." Shahina hesitated to answer, "Ahad Bhai will tell you."

"Why can't you tell me?" Kanwal frowned.

"Moosa Bhai and Ahad Bhai told me not... Bhabi, I will bring chai (tea) for you." She said abruptly and ran towards the kitchen.

"O-Kay." Kanwal mumbled, looking towards the exit of the room.

~*~

Kanwal spent her whole day on failed attempts of getting some inside information from Shahina. Ahad wasn't at home, so she could be a little relaxed and inquired Shahina. But every time Kanwal tried to ask something deep, Shahina's face quickly paled, leaving the impression on Kanwal that she might be experiencing something terrible which she is scared to tell.

Keeping this in mind, Kanwal tried her best to give her a good time and for a while, Kanwal felt relaxed. But her attention soon turns to Ahad who just came into the house. Wearing blue jeans and grey coloured shirt, he looked like the old Ahad on first glance, but on a proper look, his branded clothes, shoes, and his expensive wristwatch which peeks outside of his full-length sleeve every now and then, can easily differentiate the old and new Ahad apart.

Ahad casually walked into the dining room, where both Kanwal and Shahina were having dinner. He stood there, putting his hands on the back of Kanwal's chair. As soon as Shahina spotted Ahad, she quickly covered her head and got up.

"Have dinner with us." She invited Ahad, as her Amma-Bi taught her to invite the person who came in during your meal, to eat with you.

Ahad smiled at her sweet gesture and said half-jokingly, "Well, I cannot say no to my daughter, right?"