Chapter 31

(Guys, all of SHINee is in the twelfth grade now. This is a fast forward, just to wrap up loose ends too end the book. HAPPY ENDING! But you might cry.)

This is the end of the book!

I might make a sequel! If you wish to see a sequel comment or dm me telling me you want to see the next chapter of Kibum's life.

Kibum's POV

I'm outside. Running. Fast. Faster than I ever have. I'm running from him. He got out of prison and is now after me. Something grabs my arm and I scream.

Suddenly the scene changes from the mansion to a gym with the coach and students staring at me. Luckily I was just in gym. Onew's had a hand on my back and another lightly shaking my arm.

"Kibum, it's time to go." Onew says.

I nod and stand up. You see the twelfth grade gets to go home early on our last day of school. I stand up and stretch.

You see, it's been a couple of years since my father had been arrested. And although people are still surprised I took that amount of abuse for so long, they've started to get used to it. And all the bruising is gone.

I grab my bag and grabs Onew's hand. Oh did I mention me and Onew are engaged. He got me the prettiest ring. I still remember his proposal as if it were yesterday.

"Kibumie, I love you a lot, more than I love chicken! And you make me so happy! So please marry me."

I smile and walk with him outside. We meet up with Jonghyun, Taemin, and Minho. Minho and Taemin are together and Jonghyun found a girl. They're moving to America because she's just an exchange student.

"So what now?" Taemin asks.

"Well you guys can come to America with me and Kibum. We're moving there to get Kibum away from his father before he's released." Onew says.

"I wanna go to America!" Taemin says jumping up and down.

Minho chuckles and wraps his arms around his boyfriend's waist. "Calm down Minnie."

I let go of Onew's hand. "Guys there's something I gotta do alone. I'll catch up with you later."

Onew kisses me telling me to be careful before I go to the mansion. I slip inside the house and go to my father's room and grab a picture of me and my mother.

"If only you were here."

I gently put the picture in my bag then make my way to my room. You know, looking back, my father only had strength over the defenseless. He's not so scary looking back now.

I grab the last gift my mother ever gave me and slide it into my bag along with the picture.

I make my way to the prison that my father is in and walk into the room he's in, sitting across from him.

"Well if it isn't the biggest disgrace of a son." My father says.

"Say what you want. But I've learned something about you," I say.

"And what's that," my father asks clearly amused.

"You're nothing without power. And the only power you have is against the defenseless." I say. "You killed mom didn't you, you hated her for having a son like me. So you killed her."

"Damn straight. And I would've killed you too if it wasn't for that boy." He said.

"I just wanted you to know that after tomorrow, I'll no longer be a Kim." I say getting up. "Goodbye," I pause, "Mr. Kim."

"I'm your father!" He yells.

I look at him coldly in the eyes and say, "No you're the donor that helped create me. You're not my father. You're a monster!" I leave and head home.

This starts a new chapter of my life. A happy chapter. With good friends, loving boyfriend, and a new home.