~18~

Let me tell you a little something.

Death isn't what you probably think it is. It doesn't go all white and you magicly appear in heaven surrounded by angels and all that happy go lucky shit.

It's black.

Pure, limitless, black.

Maybe this is hell, I probably belong there anyways.

"Where am I?" I call out.

I never hear an echo.

I'm lost. I can only see black, and my eyes are open. I don't know how to describe it other than black. Just absolute, pure blackness of black.

"Pete?" Suddenly, the scene before me shifts. Not much, but a table and two chairs appear in the blackness.

And Patrick is sitting in one of them.

"Patrick!" I shout, before running towards him and engulfing him a giant hug. He hugs back, but apprehensively, like he's afraid if something.

"Pete, please don't be mad." He asked nervously as we broke apart.

"I would never be mad. I just want to know why." I said, sitting in the other chair.

"They said things. And I tried not to listen, I promise I did. But they got me." He sighed, fiddling with his fingers.

"What did they say?"

"Idiot. Faggot. Stutter. They called me Stutter. And they said in heaven, I might finally be able to say it right." He avoided eye contact, afraid that I would be mad, I'm guessing.

"Well, here we are. Your saying your sentences right, and we're together with no one else around. Maybe this is our heaven." I smiled.

"Yeah, but if this was heaven, we wouldn't have the scars still." He looked down at his wrist, where the thousands of lines still criss crossed and created games of tic-tac-toe.

"Maybe their still there for a reason, so we always know why we are the way we are. Everyone has trials, these where ours." I smiled softly. His eyes looked up, locking with mine. I could see the ghost of a smile on his lips.

"Maybe. But doesn't that mean that we failed our trials?" he asked. I just answered him by pressing my lips to his. He smiled lightly as he kissed back.

When we broke apart, he smiled.

"You're the only reason we didn't end up here sooner." He whispered.

"Well, I'm glad I helped slow the desent at least." I smiled. He smiled too, before kissing me again.