~9~

We got to the hospital two hours ago. We still don't know what happened to Gerard or why Frank can't feel any of it. Brendon had reverted to pacing back and forth in front of us, while Frank had curled up on one of the sofas, dozing into spurts of fitful sleep. I've been scrolling through tumblr, trying to ease the stress a bit.

My phone vibrated in my hands, and Patrick's face popped up on my screen. I accepted the call.

"P-Pete! W-w-where are you? I-I see your c-c-car i-in the p-parking-lot." Patrick's voice came through.

"I'm at the hospital, don't worry. Something happened with Gerard, they're trying to figure it out now-" A man opened the door the the waiting room and cut me off.

"Gerard Way?" I quickly muttered a 'goodbye' to Patrick before jumping up and following the doctor.

"What happened to him?! Is he alright?!"Frank practicly shouted.

"Mr. Iero. Please, we are still figuring out what has happened to your soulmate. But we have him in stable condition." The man answered, leading us down a maze of hallways, until stopping and opening a door. I stepped into the room, and gasped. Gerard was laying on a bed with an IV in his arm, a heart monitor attached to his chest, several small bottles lined the counter next to him, with a red liquid filling them. Blood tests.

"Oh my god. Pete, I-I can't do this. I can't see Gee like this. Take me home, please." Frank let out a fresh sob, shutting his eyes and turing away.