~8~

"Why didn't you answer my texts yesterday?" Brendon asked, walking up to me.

"I was with Patrick and my phone died." I yawned, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Well, you better wake up. Frank's calling you."

"What?" I asked, turning around.

"Frank's calling you. Don't you hear it?" Brendon raised an eyebrow. I quickly reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone. He was right, Frank's face popped up on my screen. I quickly accepted the call and held the phone to my ear.

"Pete! Come here, quick!" Frank shouted.

"What? Where are you?" I asked.

"Beside the lunch tables! Just, hurry! Gerard is-" The call disconnected. I held the phone, looking at it for a second, before stuffing it in my pocket and running.

"Wait up!" Brendon ran after me as I ran to the lunch tables. I rounded the corner of the building and stopped dead in my tracks. Gerard was laying on the ground, eyes closed. Franks was kneeling next to him, sobbing.

"I don't feel it! I don't feel anything!" He looked at me.

"Why can't I feel any of it?!" He sobbed, letting his head fall onto Gerard's unmoving chest.

"Brendon, call 911." I whispered before slowly walking forward. 

"What happened?" I asked softly, kneeling down next to Frank.

"I don't know! We were just talking! Then he just fell over! I don't feel anything, Pete! Why is this happening? Why don't I feel anything?" He sobbed into Gerard's chest, leaving tear stains. I pressed my fingers to Gerard's arm, he was cold.

"Move out of the way, please." A paramedic came and pushed us out of the way. They loaded Gerard into the ambulance, Frank and Brendon and I following in Frank's Jeep. If the school wanted us to stay, fuck them.

"Gerard, hang in there baby." Frank let a few tears roll down his cheeks.