Chapter 20, I kind of like you . . .

Camilla-

After staring at me like I'm a white wall, he runs to Whitney and hugs her, "Baby, I was worried you was gone." He whispers as he holds her.

"Daddy," Whitney giggles, backing away, " I told you I was going in the hallway!"

His face is blank," Oh, yeah, right, I remember."

I stand there with my arms crossed. "Oh," Marshall says, looking up, face beet red, " Thanks for watching my girl," He says.

I turn and put my hand on the knob of my door of my studio, "Your welcome," and I turn the knob, and step inside.

"Oh, Cammy, don't go! Come back to Daddy's house with us! We can play Candyland, Daddy said we could! But, I want to be the red little man, and Daddy could be the green, and you could be the yellow!" She beams at me, her eyes hopeful.

"Oh, Whitney, I would too, but . . ." I say still trying to think of  a way to say no.

" Camilla, could I uh, talk to you for a second?" Asks Marshall.

Dammit! " Sure," I smile, " Whitney do you wanna wait in my studio for a few secs, and give my chair a few spins?"

"Okay, Cammy!" and she runs inside, and plops in the chair and starts to spin.

I close the door gently, and turn to face Marshall, " And you would like?" I say

"Listen Camilla . . . I just wanted to say sorry about dinner, or what was suppose to be dinner . . ." He rubs his neck a bit, and blushes at the ground.

"Okay, I accept, it's all good, it's grand, it's fucking narvy." I whip around, and go to fling the studio door open.

"Wait!" He says, putting at hand on my shoulders. As he does, I start to feel a tingle, and warmth in my . . . well, never mind. I back away like it was fire. "What?" I ask.

"The thing is  . . . . I kind of like you." He waits for me to react.

" Marshall, I think I like you too," I pull his hoodie closer, and kiss him, his lips softer than any blanket.