Chapter 19, my life

Laney-

When I was little, really little I used to dream about my family. Not about my real family, but the one I'm in now. A while after Hailie was born, Aunt Kim let me join her family because my mother didn't really act like a mother. I remember my first day at my new house in 8 Mile. I was being carried in by Aunt Kim with one arm, and in her other arm was my bag. When we entered the kitchen, there was Uncle Marshall, sitting at the table, feeding Hailie who a baby at the time.

" I'm home," Aunt Kim says, setting me down.

"Hey, babe," Uncle Marshall responded, turning around. He see me, " Kim, who the hel-er heck is this." He points at me with a spoon.

"Marshall! This is my sister's daughter, she needs to stay with us." 

Uncle Marshall got up mad, " Kim what are you thinking?! I can't even fucking feed you and Hailie and me, much less another kid! You didn't even mention it to me!" He gets up all mad, and pushes the chair away from him." Godamn!" He says, and grabs a set of keys and opens the front door and slams it. I hear a car start outside and pull out and screech away.

" Honey, I'm so sorry, your Uncle Marshall we be better later,I'll make him." Aunt Kim smiles at me, " Now, I need to go potty, I'll be back, and I'll get to a sandwich after, okay?"

I nod my head, and she walks away leaving me with the baby.

The baby starts to cry, and I walk over to it. I look down at her, " Stop crying baby, it's okay." I whisper.

My baby stops crying and smiles. "I'll take care of you baby, cross my heart."

That was the first day I promised Hailie I would take care off her forever. 

It was also the first time I realized I wasn't wanted.