Chapter 25: Secrets unveiled

"Lucy..."

"Lucy."

I slowly opened my eyes. I was in a big, spacious, black room, that was full of white particles, which floated everywhere. I looked at my feet that was not touching the ground.

"Lucy." A small girl appeared in front of me.

"Ma-Mavis." I stuttered. "Where are we?"

"In your soul."

"My soul?"

"The soul that holds yours and mine."

"I have two souls!?"

Mavis chuckled, "No silly, you only have one soul. One that combines us together."

"T-Then it is true. I'm you, but a second...you.."

Mavis came closer to me and touched my chest. She looked up at me, "No." She shook her head and smiled. "You are...you."

She backed up a bit, "It is true, that you are a reincarnation of me, but that doesn't mean that you are exactly me. I've been watching over you, ever since you were born. You are completely original." Mavis looked at me, but not at me me, but somewhere at my uh, chest. She sighed, "Zeref is just too hung over my death, so right after he found about you, he was determined to get you."

"B-but why? I'm not you."

She sighed, sadly, "This is not all about me, Lucy."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't forget about his little brother."

"Natsu?" I asked. She nodded. "What does Natsu got to do with Zeref!? Natsu is just Zeref's brother."

"Did he tell you about why the dragons suddenly attacked them?"

"...no."

"Zeref, had planned the dragons' attack all along."

"Wait, what!!!??? Why!!" I shouted.

"He was jealous of his little brother because he was getting more affection from their parents than him. Though, I thought that they were being treated very fairly."

"And how do you know that?"

"Because I planned on meeting Zeref, so I would always visit their house in secret to look at him."

"Stalker..." I chuckled.

"B-be quite." Mavis blushed. I smirked at her cute face. She coughed, "A-Anyways...part of his plans didn't go the way as he wanted to. He also loved his parents as much as Natsu did, but like what you heard from Natsu. Their parents died in the attack because they were protecting Natsu. Zeref's original plan was to kill Natsu and live with 'his' parents alone."

I gasped, "That's just cruel!"

Mavis nodded in agreement, "He knows that you are special to Natsu. That is also why he kidnapped you, to cause Natsu to stress and hopefully, maybe, lose his mind."

"Me? Special?"

"Lucy, you don't know?"