Chapter 3: You're a Vampire!?

We ran and ran until we stopped breathing, but that was the problem. I don't breathe at all, so we kept running and we finally arrived in the middle of the forest. "Let's stop here and catch our breathes." Natsu said, but he looked calm as ever. Then it hit me.

"Natsu." I called his name.

"Yeah Lucy?" He looked at me.

"Are you a v-" I paused. "We were followed." I looked at the direction we ran from.

"How did you-" Natsu stopped and ducked to dodge a bullet.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"How did you know we were being followed?"

"Uh-watch out!" I pushed Natsu to the side as a bullet slided across my arm and made it bleed. Crap! I looked at the ground, so Natsu wouldn't be able to see my face.

"Lucy! Are you ok?" Natsu ripped a piece of his fabric from his shirt and tied it around my arm. "I'm sorry, I was careless." Natsu touched my cheek. I then flinched. "Lucy?"

"Don't look!" I shouted.

"What do you mean don't look?"

"Don't look at me." I got up and turned around and faced my back toward Natsu.

"Lucy why are you acting so weird!?"

"Because..." I hesitated, but I managed to turn around and look straight at Natsu. "...because i'm a vampire."

"What!!?" Natsu's eyes widened. "Y-your eyes are bright red!"

"Yeah, it's because when I get harmed near my throat my eyes turn red."

Natsu smiled and touched my shoulder. He moved me to the side of him with ease. I stood in my spot, shocked. He tilted his head in my direction and a bullet flew and cut his cheek. I widened my eyes as he looked at me, with not his black eyes, but red.

"I'm too, a vampire."

No, this can't be happening right? I'm pretty sure my parents, before they got assassinated by vampire hunters, they told me I was the last vampire on Magnolia. I fell on my knees and trembled. I looked up in the sky and tears started to spill from my red eyes. I'm not alone, mom, dad.

"Lucy are you alright!?" Natsu bent down and looked at me.

"Y-yeah." I wiped my tears.

"Ok good. We need to get away from these people."

"No problem!" I put up my thumbs. I stood up and closed my eyes to concentrate on the sound. There were leaves cracking on my left and right and branches were creaking on top of us. I then felt the direction of the air move. I shot my eyes open and looked to the right. "Lucy kick!" I kicked in between the man's crotch. "Serves you right!" I stook out my tongue. Then three more guys came from the same direction. "Triple Lucy kick!" I speed kicked them between the crotches.

"Do not get on Lucy's bad side." Natsu mumbled to himself.

"C'mon! Let's go!" I ran and grabbed Natsu's arm. Because my eyes were red, it gave me a bit more speed, so I zoomed past the trees which made leaves fly behind us as we ran. I kept on running until I spotted a cliff. Before I fell off the cliff, I leaned on my back heel and it slowed me down. "That was close..." I wiped my forehead. I looked down the cliff and there was a river flowing down leading somewhere, and it looked like a 100 feet drop. Gulp.

"Lucy watch out!!" I turned around and Natsu was running right towards me.

"What-ahhhhhhh!!!" Natsu bumped into me and we both fell down the cliff.